1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK - can I have a level set on Plasma burn in

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by loz, Aug 8, 2005.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I was on the verge of entering the plasma market,
    Desiring of a new TV, was thinking of a new HD Plasma.
    I was aiming for one of the the £2500'ish 42" models.

Now all this talk of burn in worries me a bit.
    There will no doubt be sustained periods of watching DOGs on TV. (not just kids programmes, what about a few uninterupted hours of sport?)

For every post I read here from someone saying they have a problem, there's another saying they don't.

The Panny 500's seem to have come in for the most discussion on this subject (probably because it is the most common set?).

Do other panels have the same problem - like the Hitachi , or Pioneer HD displays?

Is it really just a matter of running in? Does burn in disappear as an issue after that?

Is it really just a matter of not running the set at maximum brightness (which might be due to automatic mode)? I am going to be watching the set in normal living room conditions. I don't want to be watching in darkness in the middle of the day, or a summers evening (I don't even have proper curtains that can be pulled....)

If it does develop burn-in due to normal operating conditions, is there any comeback on the retailer, or are they just going to say you must have watched the channel for too long (how long is too long)

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,597
    All plasmas will suffer if you are not careful, Panasonics are considered the best for burn-proof and I think there is only one person who has suffered, but that seems to be disppearing now.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, just follow the general advice on these forums and you should be fine.