Ohme charger install question

MaryWhitehouse

I can try and give you some advice to know what you should be getting, pre warned pre armed. However, the best way forward is to get yourself a competent ev charger installer, but some more photos of your service head an cu might help. There’s other sparks on this forum that could assist…all Greek ?
Apologies, meant to get better pics today but ended up digging out blocked drains. Lovely.

Unfortunately I can't choose the installer as Motability are paying for it and gave the job to Ohme who subcontract to someone else. They've had two months already. Seriously contemplating just using granny charger at home as it'll work for time 99% of the time and avoid hassle.

ufo550

Distinguished Member
Apologies, meant to get better pics today but ended up digging out blocked drains. Lovely.

Unfortunately I can't choose the installer as Motability are paying for it and gave the job to Ohme who subcontract to someone else. They've had two months already. Seriously contemplating just using granny charger at home as it'll work for time 99% of the time and avoid hassle.
I believe the way forward is a proper ev charger. At work they going to have ev chargers, but like most commercial things related, that was set in progress over a year ago, still nothing concrete. In the meantime, a lot of the regional mangers have been given hybrid cars. When visiting, they plug into our office sockets. All day charge gives them about 60 miles.

MaryWhitehouse

I believe the way forward is a proper ev charger. At work they going to have ev chargers, but like most commercial things related, that was set in progress over a year ago, still nothing concrete. In the meantime, a lot of the regional mangers have been given hybrid cars. When visiting, they plug into our office sockets. All day charge gives them about 60 miles.

That’s what we’re talking about. Ohme make the charger and subcontract the fitting.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
The difference in charge time between a granny charger and 7Kw is huge, like 3x worse.

This might not normally be a problem, but it will bite you sooner or later when you urgently need to fully charge and don't have 12 hours to do so.

MaryWhitehouse

The difference in charge time between a granny charger and 7Kw is huge, like 3x worse.

This might not normally be a problem, but it will bite you sooner or later when you urgently need to fully charge and don't have 12 hours to do so.

I know. Nearly all the time the car sits there for 21 hours a day after a 50 mile drive with opportunities for top up (50kw) in that drive. The longest drive is 50 miles one way so the car could do the return, and even if then had to go back could do it. All assuming all chargers en route are dead, and there’s a lot even up here.
I agree 7kw would be far better but these people are draining her. On the plus side the granny wallbox I’m thinking of getting is unique in that if ever get electrics sorted it can be rewired to 32A anyway.

MaryWhitehouse

Finally some movement! With a few more photos Ohme have said it's a standard installation. They've sent parts to an installer and they should have a date for installation by this time next week :)

neilball

12 hours would be optimistic for a lot of EVs - a full charge from the granny on my e-Niro is closer to 30 hours.

MaryWhitehouse

Got the car, just the charger to go now.

5F900E90-ECC3-46D0-8691-DC2854EE289F_1_201_a.jpeg

MaryWhitehouse

Well their contractor cancelled the install at 2pm on the day it was booked for! Offered next date of 21st of June and refused to escalate when I objected. Now Ohme aren't talking again. Grrrrrr.
On the plus side the car's really great. Even more comfy once adjusted tyre pressures to spec. Why can't main dealers do a decent PDI?

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Well their contractor cancelled the install at 2pm on the day it was booked for! Offered next date of 21st of June and refused to escalate when I objected. Now Ohme aren't talking again. Grrrrrr.
On the plus side the car's really great. Even more comfy once adjusted tyre pressures to spec. Why can't main dealers do a decent PDI?

That's annoying. We finally had our Indra Smart Pro installed today - we've been waiting since December, and the installer cancelled last month due contracting Covid (not his fault - just another delay). Seems like a reasonable bit of kit, and now at least we get to use any excess solar to charge the car - scheduling charging to use cheap rates seems very easy to setup too.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom