ohhhh the fun of ebay scammers...part2

that one looks pretty good! It even has the telephone number!

ad

Crampton & Moore (Television) Ltd

109 High Street, Ecclesfield, Sheffield, S30 3XA

Tel: 0114 2467635

Originally posted by Flimber
Crampton & Moore (Television) Ltd

109 High Street, Ecclesfield, Sheffield, S30 3XA

Tel: 0114 2467635

I wonder if they know about it...

They sell under they're own account don't they.

Reckon it's a copy and paste?

Yeah - this guys getting the lameway treatment!

Question to seller:

Hi - I tried to ring the number to ask about options but in fact I got through to Crampton and Moore and they confirmed that your auction has nothing to do with them.

I think they're lying as the guy I spoke to sounded a bit like Vincent Price (you know, the guy who does the voice in Thriller?) so I'd prefer to wildly buy off you - I can send money via bank transfer and hope to receive nothing.

Let me know what you think i.e. prices and all

Ivor Beenhad

Ivor,
Talking of not getting goods, I've replied to your PM mate, if you want the scart you'd better tell me where to send it! I wouldn't like anyone to think you'd beenhad by me!

Ah - I did send an email to the addy you gave me in the PM reply. I'll try again! Should go nicely with the Toshiba LCD i'm planning to buy! :)

Dear plasm_co_uk,

Is it possible to view the item? Where in UK are you?

Hi,

I will shipp the plasma after you will send 200GBP and after you will receive the plasma in the same day you must send the rest of the money.If you don't like the bike i will return you the money.Reply me asap!

OK I know I am a bit thick and I dont know anything about plasmas but why is this one obviosly a scam? the ad looks OK to me ?

You try sending him the £200 then. I'd never send a plasma to anyone, not even my grandmother, without seeing all the money 1st. You will have seen the last of your £200, he's actually not very ambitious there, it is usually more.

just posted my £200 monopoly money off cant wait for the screen to arrive

I agree its obvious now that this is a scam but I cant see what made this clear at first when just the ad was available?

Spend carefully, young jedi... we just sensed it, a disturbance in the force. No but seriously, a 1st time trader selling a 5k screen with no reserve, silly 1st bids, claiming to be in uk with a wrong phone number listed, in fact unless it's a shop you can check out in other ways I doubt if there's been an honest plasma deal done on ebay. Plenty of lesser stuff traded successfully, but goods of that value don't need ebay to sell.

another big give away is the payment options specified.....

None on the ad.

no doubt he'll want payment by Western Union or similar,some off shore account or cash in the post.

maybe someone should email the two bidders before they get sh***d

judging from he's emails he doesn't appear to have very good english.

obviousily a scamster from another part of the world attempting the "Wester Union Scam" which involves scamming the west

Guys,

It is fun to read these scam threads ;p

However, houldn't we report this to ebay and have it closed down before the auction ends?

I feel sorry for honest bidders (if they are obviously) and they actually win and lose a that much money. Isn't it good if we at this forum take the full step and help them with discovering frauds? The more we discover and assist in this, this forum might get a very positive PR in the end and perhaps getting mentioned in the media, and loads more viewers/members, and we become the true benchmark of opinions and advice in the A/V ;p

Wasabi

All very true. A quick look, and he's not breaching any rules apart from the phone number, which he'd pass off as an error while copying the details. And it's staggeringly difficult to prove till he's done it, and then we'd never hear. We are in the position favoured by police dramas. We know who dunnit, just got to prove it.

I agree Maw, but on the other hand I guess we should let ebay decide. Its like one should tell the Police of suspicions, their job is to investigate. I have regretted sometimes that I haven't acted on suspicions. If I get time tonight I will email ebay (not on behalf of the forum), but if anyone does before I get time, so much the better.

Richard

To their credit,given the huge number of transactions going on each day,ebay do remove a large number of fraudulent or dodgy looking offers very quickly.
There have been problems with scammers trying to sell either dodgy or non-existent Krells on ebay for some time,and each time the posts go up,ebay removes them.
Simply report any dodgy looking posts as such,and they're usually removed within 24hrs.

The other very vaild point as made above,is that anyone with zero feedback,offering high value items either with little or no reserve,or via private auctions,and with wire/cash payment options is almost certainly to be avoided.

Yes, all the signs are there, but I suppose it's newbies that they will catch. They may probably have heard how fantastically cheap things are on ebay (not always cheapest as we know), and may be prepared to believe these things.

I did get an email from ebay once warning me of a trader I had bid with (just for a DVD) , they suspended them and I avoided sending my £10. So the system does work up to a point.

Agree with alfablue,

Its the newbies that are most vurlnable in a situation like that.

Also, I am sure that ebay is doing up most to catch frauds and investigate suspicious auctions. But as you guys say, the amount of transactions and the difficulty to discover everything, many auctions are slipped through, and as a member of community, helping out just benefits everyone in the long run.

Less frauds =less cost for the society.

I don't have an ebay account myself, but I shall ask my girlfriend, to report it when she finds the time.

Wasabi

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom