Oh, Where has abc1 gone?

E

Ender4000

Just bought a Panasonic TH42PE50 plasma TV with inbuilt freeview tuner.

My parents have a cheap standalone freeview box which receives the channel abc1 as a freeview channel.

However, this channel does not seem to be available from my Panny! Any ideas why? Do different freeview boxes pick up different channels?

My girlfriend is hooked on abc1 and is constantly moaning about its absence! Please someone help me to get her off my back! ;)

Try your parents STB on your aerial, it may be that your reception is a little worse than theirs and you are missing one mux.

Starburst said:
Try your parents STB on your aerial, it may be that your reception is a little worse than theirs and you are missing one mux.

Ok, good idea - if it does turn up on their STB on my aeriel, then is there anyway I could boost my signal to get that channel? Maybe some booster box or something?

However, I'd be surprised if it was due to reception, as the rest of the channels' reception is superb....

A signal booster may help if abc1 turns up on the STB but I don't really know too much about DTT, I just paid a guy a lot of money for a brand new aerial and distribution and didn't worry about the ins and outs:)

ABC1 is on MUX A which includes Five, QVC so if you are getting them it's not perhaps a reception issue. Could be worth doing a channel rescan and/or asking about the specific tuner in the Pana in the Plasma forum, there may be known issues.

Starburst said:
A signal booster may help if abc1 turns up on the STB but I don't really know too much about DTT, I just paid a guy a lot of money for a brand new aerial and distribution and didn't worry about the ins and outs:)

ABC1 is on MUX A which includes Five, QVC so if you are getting them it's not perhaps a reception issue. Could be worth doing a channel rescan and/or asking about the specific tuner in the Pana in the Plasma forum, there may be known issues.

Yes, I get both Five and QVC, so it must be something else... I'll try posting in the Pana forum - thanks for your help!

If your signal is OK then it maybe that you just need to re-tune the Freeview box (check the manual for how to do this)

It's common to have to re-tune the box to receive new channels (More4 etc)

imerriman said:
If your signal is OK then it maybe that you just need to re-tune the Freeview box (check the manual for how to do this)

It's common to have to re-tune the box to receive new channels (More4 etc)

:thumbsup: tried this already - no luck!

:D

Well that would explain it:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom