1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh the Joy of shopping

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Bretto, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Bretto

Bretto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Right, been looking at a 300D for weeks now. Done the spreadsheet comparing every option and was going to go with an EBAY jobby from Hong Kong, but John Lewis have it for £760 with a 512 card, which is only 60 more expensive.

All well and good you say.

Well my girlfriend (who I'm living with, and by the way is looking forward to a refurbished bathroom, redecorated living room and repaired flat roof) has said I should go for the Nikon D70 if its worth the extra money.

Whoo Hoo :thumbsup:

It's looking like it'll cost about £60 more, but I dont know much about it (except that it seems to be better than the 300D)

I need it for Fairford Airshow in a couple of weeks and need a 70-300 lens to go with the basic wide angle.
    Could anyone point me in the direction of a site that sells lenses for it as I can only seem to find lenses for 35mm SLR's (unless im mistaken)

thanks in advance, Brett(o)

Oh, and if you tell me the cheaper lens (28-80) isn't worth it, It'll take it out of my price range and I'll end up with the 300D again!!!!!!!! :suicide:

Sorry for rambling, been a long week............. :rolleyes: and I'm ready for a night out :devil: