Oh rats!

Marshall Mike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife loves feeding the birds and squirrels, but isn't too pleased about our latest hungry visitor!

IMG_4172.JPG

On the plus side, at least it's distracting her from the thought of all its friends who are also in that picture, about 15 yards behind that one, just out of sight. :)

If you got kids please make sure you wash your patio area as rats constantly urinate!
It does look rather a large one... Maybe useful to contact your local council to see if there is an issue in your area

Or better get one of this ferocious pet
IMG_1480428963.514707.jpg

certainly not afraid is it!

If we stop putting food out for the other animals I assume it/they will go??

Very bad time to stop feeding the birds. You'll likely be a main source of food looking at the feeders you have. And they'll need you at this time of year.

We have a single rodent visitor in our garden sometimes. He doesn't bother me as I once had pet rats anyway :)

did you check it for a microchip, it might belong to someone :D:D

We have a problem with rats in the garden. We have a few bird feeders, a pond and the garden also backs onto the local allotments - the rats have a great time. Might invest in one of those air rifles :smashin:

We have a problem with rats in the garden. We have a few bird feeders, a pond and the garden also backs onto the local allotments - the rats have a great time. Might invest in one of those air rifles :smashin:

They are quite nice, powered with CO2 capsules so silent, breach loading, and don't buck like a springer.

Cheers,

Nigel

Very bad time to stop feeding the birds. You'll likely be a main source of food looking at the feeders you have. And they'll need you at this time of year.

We have a single rodent visitor in our garden sometimes. He doesn't bother me as I once had pet rats anyway :)

True, we can't just cut off the birds supply of food. And apparently I'm not allowed to shoot the rat.

Lol yeah nature 1, Marshall Mike 0

Could you move the feeders off the patio and towards the back of the garden, near what looks like a fence in the pic?

If you can, you're still helping the birds and you're at least moving Roland further away from the house.

Yeah I think that's worth a try. There's a woods at the bottom of the garden so thankfully we wouldn't be pushing the problem onto someone else.

Will admit I probably would not want rats due to obvious reasons.
But I do like small furry things, mice, gerbils, hammys, hey even a rat.
It's just trying it's best to "eek" out an existence.

They will have a nest nearby, they aren't going anywhere. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom