Derkster

I have 5 inputs

Sky Q
Xbox One
HTPC
Soon to have Sonos Arc
Nvidea Shield
Soon to have new Tv with 4 HDMI

I can't afford a fury so is there another option to get everything at 4K with atmos sound where applicable?

I really want an arc but it's only got one hdmi port

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Go with a TV which supports eARC and has enough HDMI Inputs on it and you will not require an external HDMI Switch.

The HDMI Input on the SONOS eARC is not a full function HDMI port - it will only work when connected to an eARC port on a TV or with the SONOS supplied optical audio adapter (which then limits which audio formats you can send to the SONOS device).

HDFury have developed the new Arcana unit to allow you to use the SONOS eARC port with a Switch or other non-eARC device, you would require a multiple input switch plus the Arcana.

Joe

Derkster

Thanks Joe

I would love to buy a TV which has 5 HDMI inputs. Do you know of one which costs around 2k because all I can find are ones with 4.

And this is my problem. 4 inputs, 5 devices.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You could run a 2x1 or 3x1 into one Input on the TV - ensure it supports all of the formats you require to pass via the TV.

Joe

Derkster

So putting the Fury (which I can't afford) and the one mentioned above. Do you have a cheaper option?

The TV I am looking at has eARC

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
2x1 Switch - we have a limited number of HDFury Linker and Integral 2x1 from stock.

Source > Switch > eARC TV > SONOS ARC ought to be fine.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom