Oh-no... it's happening again! HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by pointon, Feb 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This always happens. My excitement and inpatience gets the better of me every time.

I have £180 of my £300 tax break left... Tomorrow I'm ordering the Dongle adaptor so when I do buy a Tivo it'll work with my NTL digital cable. At the end of the month I'm planning on taking the remaining £150, £100 of my wages and ordering a Tivo from Empire Direct. But right now I'm bouncing off the walls.

This bloke sitting on my right shoulder, some transvestite with pale skin and wings, is telling me that I can wait and buy one when I get paid at the end of the month, and that I'll appreciate it more when if I do.

This dirty fat bloke :devil: sitting on my left shoulder wearing a Man Utd shirt is telling me to forget that crap, take £100 out of my dwindling savings and order a Tivo straight away. I can always put the £100 back when I get paid after all (yeah right). He says I know it's what I want to do.

These guys are driving me insane... I need valium and I need help! :(

SO HELP!!!!

2. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with the fat geezer (never thought I'd say that about a Scumchester fan!) :devil:

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bugger. I just realised this isn't really the best forum for this plea for my sanity. Not exactly objective are you all?

4. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plus, forget about putting the £100 back and instead put it towards the £200 lifetime subscription fee... you'll be quids in after 20 months... ;)

5. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Flash the plastic now :devil: I think Currys have them at a cheaper price now.

6. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm still fighting my temptation. I really shouldn't even think about buying one, no matter what price (unless I can get everything under £200) just yet.

I've ordered the Dongle... but I still need to get a telephone extension put in the room. I want to know I can afford to buy one for sure, and the only way to do this is to wait till the end of the month and put together what I have left with some of my next load of wages. If I use my savings for this, I know I'll never put it back. I have to be patient, it's only about a £10 saving on an online price anyway, but it's killing me.

Maybe I could buy one on 6 months interest free credit with Currys though. I might take a look tomorrow - loaded down with illness and paperwork today - going to be in that area. Will more than likely come home with one tomorrow.

I'm also thinking that I'm going to apply for the cheapest credit card I can find, and pay for a life-time subscription on it. Then I can pay it off at about £10 a month, but not worry about being shortchanged by the per-monthly arrangement.

We'll see.

7. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well I was never going to make it was I?

Being ill and bored hasn't helped, especially when I now find my recording of the ice hockey left out the sound.

Ordered one from the website, £5 extra for shipping but it means I don't have to go outside in my ill state and fight off salesmen.

I knew I'd give in. I'm just a sucker for a new toy. Just got to get me phone line extension done quick.