Oh no its BROKEN!

ShortFuse

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok, pleaaase can someone help me, I currently have a Philips HTS3100 home cinema system, I had it forever, all the surrounds wired in nice and neat and now the things gone and died on me! :(

I dont think i have any choice but to replace it but what with? and do i have to bin the surround sound too?

I've been looking at the philips HTS3520 and also the Blu Ray player BDP3200/05.

So my question would be is would the BDP3200 compatible with the HTS3100 and the HTS3520?

I've read something about possibly having to us an optical cable but i really dont have a clue about any of this.

Any advice would really be appreciated :thumbsup:

According to HERE that DVD system doesn't have an optical input so no, I don't think they are compatible.

However, if you're buying a new system, why don't you get one with a bluray player built-in rather than a DVD player? It makes no sense to buy one with DVD. If you already have a bluray player, I would look at buying an AV receiver and speakers with HD audio capability over HDMI to get the best from bluray.

Unfortunately when these all-in-one home cinema (in a box) setups fail, you have to bin the lot. They don't sell the processor/amp units separately. The cabling should be fine (albeit thin and not the best quality but it will work), so you could simply hook up other speakers.

Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon make packages with AV Receivers and speakers. Separates would open up more options but would cost more.

PS. Ignore most of the links above. Damn Skimlinks :mad: Why AVF? Why!!!!?

Thanks for that, main reason for those models if im totally honest is I saw them on offer for half price :) Being a female im really not that technical minded LOL ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom