1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OH MY GOSH Had the pleasure of BLU RAY

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bigddd, Apr 8, 2005.

1. bigddd

bigddd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was in Monte Carlo yesterday on business, and decided to check out the leading electronics store there. They had on demo a Sony BDZ-S77 Blu Ray player hooked up via HDMI to a 61" Sony HD Ready Plasma screen. The picture was absoloutley unbelieavable. it was only shots of people walking round the sony centre in Japan, some demo disc sony have been using, but the quality was out of this world. I literally thought I was looking through a window, in some aspects the quality was beetter than real life because of the intensity of the light. I can not wait till this format becomes the norm, it will blow your socks off!
    Its so good its even worth a trip to Monte Carlo just to check out the demo.

2. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    There is also a Sony HDTV demo which I find awesome, it's old japan vs. new japan. So much detail can be seen, it's absolutely amazing !

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +613
    Are they not running this on the sony in Harrods too?

4. Ymegod

Ymegod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I saw Blu-Ray in Croydon and as bigddd says it is absolutely unbelievable. Don`t think it was connected via HDMI as it was being displayed on a current plasma which does not have this connection.
    I am starting to save already !

5. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah saw the old japan and new japan too at a 60 inch plasma screen the other day (one of the three blue ray devices distributed in the netherlands) can't say anything else than jaw dropping material. Only problem is the 25000 euros the screen costs... :rolleyes:

6. Davidgilmour

Davidgilmour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That was in the same store where I bought my Panny PW7 , Polectro :D

7. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony KDE-P50MRX1 in Harrods is running a NORMAL PLASMA DEMO DVD, albeit a superb showy-off one (edit: its one with shots of flowers, scene of beautiful towns and other typical stuff, you could be right gizlaroc if this doesnt sound familiar and they've hooked up a blu-ray since january).

I couldn't believe it when the assistant (after a lot of sweet-talking) took out the disc and showed me...although he was a bit confused about high-definition, saying the plasma converted it to high-definition, so it was high-definition....

But, we all know Sony plasmas are **** don't we? :D

8. Ymegod

Ymegod
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Of course we all know Sony plasmas are ****. How many times do you have to be told before you believe it.