Oh man, Shes gonna kill me......

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by ajw000, Jul 12, 2003.

1. ajw000

ajw000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As a suprise for the woman I got her a car cd head unit, anyway, on here citroen ax the old stereo is one of those ones with a bigger than usual fascia to give the moulded look.
    I was attempting to remove the old one this morning when I accidently split and cracked the whole thing in half :( So theres no way the old stero can be used again. The problem is, I cant get the old stereo out to put the new one in, Ive tried the usual things like putting a couple of knives down the side to get it out but it wont budge. Anyone get any ideas as if this isnt sorted by the time I pick her up from work, she will kill me, the current stereo looks horrendous now, its got a half snapped of fasica left on it....

2. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Quick sell the car:D

Only Joking. You need special Keys to get them out I think. Does the face have any slots or Square holes in the front? Shoud be 4 or 2 of them. If you havent got the keys, Pop down to halfords or local ice supplier, Im sure they'll pull it out for you, "for a drink"

3. ajw000

ajw000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    phew, cheers for the advise mate, I went to halfords and the guy was really helpful, it turns out the two side things I had been squeezing to try and release the stero actually had to be pushed in! They guy even fitted it for me , for free, good job as I needed an adaptor for the radio!
    The surroundings of the cd player are scratched to bits but I hope she doesnt notice...

4. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    those AX, saxo, 106, 306 are easy (hard if you dont know how though ;) ). brava's are the best though.. if you dont have the original keys for those (available from fiat) they are a nightmare.. overall hyundi's are the worst unless you know the secrets to getting them out and even most ice dealers dont know either

i used to enjoy the new cars coming out, working out how to get the stereo's out then having other dealers phone up asking "how" heh.. those were the days ahhh (sad innit)