1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh....how i laughed!!

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mjn, Apr 11, 2005.

1. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,542
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4433223.stm

The Streets - aka British rapper and songwriter Mike Skinner - have been nominated for two Ivor Novello songwriting awards.
    Skinner's song, Dry Your Eyes, has been shortlisted for best song musically and lyrically, while Blinded By The Lights will vie for best contemporary song.

Dry Your Eyes is up against Natasha Bedingfield's pop hit These Words, and Everybody's Changing, by Keane.

The 50th Ivor Novello Awards will be held in London on 26 May.

Global hit

His song, Blinded By The Lights, will compete against Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out, and For Lovers, by Wolfman, featuring former Libertines' frontman Pete Doherty.

Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus has been nominated in the best selling UK single category for her debut song All This Time.

It will be up against Band Aid 20's Do They Know It's Christmas? And Eric Prydz' Call On Me, which topped the charts for five weeks last year.

Band Aid 20 has also been nominated for international hit of the year, alongside Irish rockers U2 with Vertigo, and Limp Bizkit's Behind Blue Eyes.

The awards - which will be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel - honour of Ivor Novello, the British musician and songwriter who died in 1951.

2. overkill

overkill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    You thought it was funny too? I LOL! :D

Not as funny though, as finding out Kylie was headlining at Glastonbury! Boy am I glad didn't buy tickets.......... :rotfl:

3. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +285
    Honour :eek:, he must be turning in his grave :rolleyes:

4. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha :rotfl:

5. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Its a weird award...........Ivor Novello wrote plays and musicals during the the early 1900s of which, I can honestly say, most of them I have never heard of, except for the songs 'We will gather lillacs' and keep the home fires burning. To give you an example of one of the winning songs, how about Grandad, by Clive Dunn of Dads Army Fame.......... :eek: You should be getting the picture now, well how about 'Theres no one quite like Grandma' as best selling A side...............feeling sick yet, how about Brian May's too much love will kill you..........outstanding achievement I think. So it looks like the criteria is to be some sort of sentimental love song that can fit into a musical.......................and I hate musicals, so that about says it all.

Err FF, I dont think you stand a chance mate !

6. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Was this info released on 1st April?

7. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,762
    :rotfl: It's the end of the world as we know it. The 1st time I heard any of the Streets stuf I just couldn't believe how poor it was.

8. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Y'see you have'nt read my post, its perfect material, sounds like it could be made for Mary Poppins or Oliver Twist.............Sentimental (tears and everything ) check ; Love interest/Romance, yep, check. All there in perfect form ................your just not a proper chav :rolleyes:

You need to be thinking Kinks, Noel Coward, social commentary type of stuff.