Oh great the Sony Guarantee is worth alot then (28LS35 probs)

B

BuyingATV

Just rang sony up and requested an engineer to sort my TV since I have really bad geometry bendy lines as you like. Oh no I have to pay for an engineer to come out, what? Ive only had the TV 5 days, he recommended I get in touch with the place I bought it from. What happened to teh great customer service I kow from sony, like when they replaced mY PS2 in 2 days.

Easy enough you say send it back to the place I got it from, I would but I just don't trust them, by the sounds of it (prcdirect.co.uk) is a small one roomed 3 manned operation, it took them ages to get my TV in in the first place. They are eligilable to replace it right? can I request to keep my TV intill I get a replacement?

What can I do, I haven't watched watchdog in ages.

thanks

I'm at my wits end with Sony at the moment. Like you, I've got bendy geometery and got an engineer out to look at it and because the bend is 'less than 7mm' it's within Sony's specifications??? :confused: If I had a car where there was a gap in the window of 'less than 7mm', I'd want the friggin thing fixed!

Rang Sony to confirm this and the daft woman on the phone confirmed it. I was lost for words and now stuck with a TV which I'm slightly disappointed with.

I Heard somewhere that Sony Have a 7 day replacement promise if the product is faulty but this is effective through the retailer. Also, Most retailers have a 28 day exchange policy anyway, so I would recommend going back to your retailer

Originally posted by Budville
Also, Most retailers have a 28 day exchange policy anyway

Aye, mine do only if it's faulty. As it's 'within Sony's specifications', they won't give me a new one.

Might it be worth buggering up the geometery completely to get them to send a engineer out and then see if they can set it back to a more acceptable level.
A bit extreme I know but might be worth a go,also might get the engineer on your side if he agrees its not acceptable and that might carry a little more weight.

Also ask them where in the instructions for the tv that it states a 7mm bend is within tollerance.
Its all well and good them knowing that but how are we supposed too,I mean its not used a selling point is it!

hmm i always considered sony to be excelent for after sales service, not now. ive only had TV 5 days to im gonna ring my supplier tomorrow.

thanks

Oh BTW I think if you mess with the geometry yourself you void the gareentee.

funny when I rang sony and explained my problem, I said "from what ive been reading on the forums on the internet its pretty common" the guy said "what TV have you got?" i said Ls35 and he said no we havent had any complaints, ccccccccccccchhhhhhhhyea right!

Originally posted by smallman28
Might it be worth buggering up the geometery completely to get them to send a engineer out and then see if they can set it back to a more acceptable level.

you know, i was thinking the exact same thing last night :D

can't you demand a refund under the EU long distance selling regulations???

i don't know why anyone bothers contacting manufactures as the people responsible for the guarantee are the vendors(regardless of what they say).

phone the people who sold it you and get them to sort it.

edit: oh, and how much did the set cost???

Its funny I rang the retailer today and they were very reluctant to take it back, claiming sony should sort it out, but I argued with them saying its their responibility. obiviously they think they can con people out of it. Gits

set cost me £495 inc cabinet and p&p

The retailer should sort it out because your contract of sale is with the retailer. Manufacturers provide a guarantee, but this is effective through the retailer. I would put some serious pressure on your retialer to get this sorted. In all fairness, although it is a Sony product, its not really their problem.

The problem I've got is this 'within Sony's specification' ******** which my retailer keeps fobbing me off with.

If you are dissatisfied for ANY reason, then exercise your rights under the distance selling regulations to a FULL and uncontested refund, including shipping charges and without deductions for 'restocking' or any other.

If the supplier refuses - get Trading Standards to remind them of their legal obligations.

Keep copies of any correspondence. Tape any phone calls.

AND then go buy the TV from somewhere that DOES have half-decent customer care. And pay a little more for the privilege.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has gone.

Do it NOW. You have 7 days from receipt. See http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

Originally posted by BuyingATV
Easy enough you say send it back to the place I got it from, I would but I just don't trust them,

then you have yourself to blame, why would you buy a TV from a place you don't trust! It's up to the retailer to sort it out, they are the ones who should arrange to send out engineers not Sony.
I can't believe you would buy from a retailer you don't trust.

My TV was fine when it arrived the the geometry drifted as it ran in

Try adjusting the geometry your self

Originally posted by MartinImber
My TV was fine when it arrived the the geometry drifted as it ran in

That's what happened with my TV. Absolutely perfect when I had it (believe me, I checked!!!) but seemed to get worse after 3 weeks.

Try adjusting the geometry your self

The bowing is horizontal and, as far as I can tell, you can't adjust horizontal bowing in the service menu.

...or can you? :confused:

Originally posted by lentini
That's what happened with my TV. Absolutely perfect when I had it (believe me, I checked!!!) but seemed to get worse after 3 weeks.

The bowing is horizontal and, as far as I can tell, you can't adjust horizontal bowing in the service menu.

...or can you? :confused:

is your set the 28LS35???

what's the current status, buyingatv? have they taken the set back?

my new 28ls35 has some geometry preoblems at the very top of the pic it bends out on both sides, one side less than the other. its only a couple of millimetres. can i adjust that in the service menu, or should i leave it?

Well they are replacing it now, but they won't send me a new one till they have checked my current TV, which annoyed me becuase they told me last week I would get a replacement same day as they were picking it up.

Ive noticed on here a lot of people complainging about the LS35 has any one got one which has good geometry???? (should i pay an extra £130 and get a 28DX40?, looking at mine now the top left is really bent, i'd say at least 1cm. the top right is also bent but less than the left.

Also now ive noticed horizontial bending, with the centre dipping down. Im not being picky either, even my mum noticed the faults.

Are all Ls35's like this???

have you tried adjusting the geometry yourself, before sending it back? to be honest i can live with bending, but if it's really bad then you get a replacement and then your cash back. the chances are they are going to say there's nothing wrong with it, anyway. :(

Don't mess with the settings on the service menu you void your gareentee, and if these people turn round and say theres nothing wrong with it they are getting an ear full i tell you. Its really quite bad, like i said my mum noticed it too haha.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom