1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh God, not another RPTV question! (bit of a rant)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chris Frost, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Has anyone else noticed the increasing number or rear-pro TV questions posted here? :mad:

I know I probably sound like a grumpy old so and so, but I do wish these folk would post in the appropriate forum. In the past I've helped, or at least pointed them in the right direction, but now I'm convinced that this is just encouraging them. As for the lazy bu**ers who shotgun as many fora as possible in the hope of a response, well I think that's just rude.

Oh dear, I sould like Victor Meldrew I know. I think I should go lie down.:rolleyes:

2. SmokeyBubbles

SmokeyBubbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Chris,

Thought I would write and apologise as this sounds like me :oops:

Wanted to let you know that some of us do not post these questions in the wrong forum on purpose but simply because we (well people like me) get confused by the different titles.

I posted a question on this forum about RPTV simply because I thought it was the correct place for it. I am getting very confused by all the available options (RPTV, DLP, etc) and I guessed (incorrectly) that this was the place for bog standard RPTV's.

I will have another look around and try to find the right place - just thought I would try to apologise and appease your Meldrew moment :D

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I think some of this may have to do with the demiseof the RPTV forum and change to DLP RPTV's,leaving only the conventional TV section and here,for people to post their queries in.

There were quite a lot of very useful posts around,esp with respect to service level setups and the likes,and I expect that this is the result of the change.

4. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Part of this is my responsibility. Normally I shift the misplaced threads on a daily basis.

Unfortunately because I've just started a new job I've not been able to mod as often as I'd like :(

I'm going to close this thread though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.