1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh god not another noob ! HELP !

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Duke999, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Duke999

Duke999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys :hiya:
    Been knocking around the forum for a bit trying not to ask silly questions but now i'm totally lost :suicide:

Note to moderators : Please move to an appropriate section if I posted in the wrong place ???

I just got a Panny 36" PD30 read all the posts and threads but my 'know how' isn't up to scratch to understand it all :) , and was hopeful that someone can tell me how to connect the thing up for best quality ie what type of cables , make , and where I can get them etc , look on this as a beginning of term exam , hehehehehe :clown:

I currently have the following kit :

Sony Sky Digibox ( Digi optical out )

Panasonic NV-HS830 Video recorder (SVHS)

Dansai 1010 DVD player ( yeah I know but it plays EVERYTHING !)

Looking to lose the Dansai very soon and buy a multi region Sony DAV S550 as its my first try at home cinema

I understand this is difficult to write down but if you can try then I will ask about things I don't understand or provide additional info as you need it. Many thanks in advance guys looking forward to all replys :smashin:

2. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Duke999,

Welcome to the forums. :hiya:

I don't know too much about the PD30, but it does accept a component signal. I have the DAVS 550 and this can produce a component output, not sure what type of cables are best for this though.

Ive been very happy with the DAVS 550, the sound capability is very good and the picture is good also. I use the s-video output as well.

Regards

Paul :zonked:

3. Duke999

Duke999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Paul , :clap: