Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Oh fiddlesticks !!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mcmullanbrush, Jun 15, 2002.

1. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a projector stand made for the panasonic ae 100 i have on order.
    Problem is, because i have never owned a projector before i assumed that the best height for it would be the middle of the screen, so i had the stand made to that height ( the screen position cannot be changed in any way)
    I have now found out that the projector should be level with the bottom of the screen. this is a difference of about 24 inches.
    I understand that keystone correction can solve this but have been advised to avoid it if i can.
    Other than having another stand built, is there an easy solution to this ??

Grateful for any help:)

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't you just saw a bit of the bottom? :D Or extend the stand somehow, and hang the projector upside down from it? Maybe you should post a picture of the stand.

On the other hand, if you think about it, it would be seriously inconvenient if a PJ projected its image straight in front. With the short throw of the ae100, the PJ would be in front of your face :confused:

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    The correct position for the AE100 would be 10cm above the edge of the screen.
    Thats how it projects the image.