1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Dear

Discussion in 'TVs' started by AMYPETER, Aug 10, 2005.

1. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello to everyone,

Hope you can help my tv KD32DX100 has had its service menu messed up and now it cannot be accsessed it appears black the colour of the text has been changed is there anyway of ressetting the tv???????

thankyou
    regards
    amy

2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Umm :oops: Well all depends on how the service menu is accessed and how you exit.

If it's anything like my old Sony the default (original) settings are listed in the service menu against each service adjustment. If anything can be seen (turn up brightness if necessary) adjust back each setting to the default values which seem on my set very close to what they should be (picture adjustment).

Also in one of the menu's there is a restore defaults setting. I believe it's also possible to select default reset on exit by selecting the appropriate number to exit (I normally have to press 00 (my display shows TT top right in service mode with 2 dashes underneath where the exit code is entered)

Hope this is of some help but without knowing the set's service mode more clearly this is all I can offer right now.

3. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thankyou will have another try tonight hopefully wont mess it up any more

4. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Had another look today but because the colour of the text has changed ie: when i press menu it all appears black :( so is it possible that when i hold p+ and p- together whilst powering up and get the TT_ _ maybe there is a number that goes next to TT to restore settings? anybody know where i can obtain these codes

Many thanks

5. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ho all,

I guess no one knows then, does anyone know where i can buy a service manual?
    will sony sell them?

6. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Well I bought a service manuall from sony a couple of years ago for my KV36FS76U.
    I had to tell them that I was an actuall service engineer though. I paid Via card and they sent it through the post.
    I cant remember what the telephone number is for them though, sorry. :)

7. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks dave,

not sure i'll get away with pretending to be a service engineer?
    hopefully someone will have an idea where i can get one,

Regards
    amy

8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222

If i remember correctly, all the lady on the phone asked ,was why I wanted one, and what needed doing. It was a geometric problem that needed sorting so I just told her that I had been asked by a customer to see if I could sort the problem , I was an independant enginer, and needed to purchase the service manual to sort the problem because it was out of warranty. I have a feeling that they wont sell you one if they think you are just a member of JOE PUBLIC
    Dave.

9. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks dave if no-one comes up with where i can get one i best get me blagging head on.

Regards
    amy

10. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Perhaps you could tell us where you live, to see if anyone here can be of assistance.

Nigel from Leeds

11. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222

Might not be a good idear to give out personal info on a public forum. This of course is just my opinion. :)

try this number as a start and ask were you can purchase/if you can purchase one, or if they can point you in the right direction :)

Sony (UK) Ltd
    The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XW
    Tel: 01932 816000 Classification: Electronic Equipment & Instruments

or........

Spare Parts & Accessories
    Spare parts or replacement accessories (as originally supplied with the product) can be purchased from:
    SEME Limited
    Hudson Road
    Melton Mowbray
    Leicestershire
    LE13 1BS
    Telephone: 0870 240 6354
    Fax: 01664 563 976
    email: sony@seme.co.uk
    Mon-Fri : 8.30am to 5.30pm Note: For VAIO Spares & Accesories, please call 0207 365 2021

Dave :)

12. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I wouldnt have said coming from Leeds was very personal.
    In your personal profile you put your birthday, I would say that was more personal, but that is ok.

Nigel

13. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    You could have a google at this page Service menu which may be of some small help. Unfortunately it is not specific to your set but given it is rather bol***** right now it may not do much harm to try one or two settings.

14. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick update,

just to let you know with a little bit of dabbling and using the service menu above we have managed to get it all back to normal and can now see the menu text and also the service menu text, all that is left to fix is i have two colours green on the left and blue on the right creeping in. any ideas as to whether this is a degausing problem or a adjustment on the crt itself?

Thanks

15. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Glad the posted link gave some sort of use. I did not think it would be to different. Didn't want to comit myself to much by saying it would be similair! Glad it's now back to almost 100%.

I suspect the colours you are seeing is geometry problem in the vertical plane. Likely some adjustment needed in the deflection menu. Although better to have geometry out of line at the sides rather than over the viewing picture area which may be the case should you adjust for side alignment.

Might be better to adjust the overscan slightly by 1% or so to hide the lines beyond viewing area since they are at the edge (I suspect) of any viewable TV anyway.

16. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your info per-sony-fied

Please see link for my colour issue Colour prob

this is the problem i have but dont want to pay huge call-out fee if this is a simple adjustment.

once again thanks for any info :smashin:

17. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Umm. You got me!

That seems a very strange set of affairs since the Text colour is still white.

Did it have this problem before reseting the service menu?

Looks like the individual guns are not focusing to a point together and only traveling across the screen so far. Maybe one of those codes you entered upset something.

Really not sure.

18. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

The text colour should be white and the background should be red but as you can see the colour shading at the sides is awfull but not so bad when watching tv as apposed to looking at a background. the tv has been like this for a while before the sevice menu thing. i believe it to be either high magnetic build-up which needs a degaussing wand or the purity rings on the crt itself need adjusting?. but am also still trying to find other causes before i tackle it :cool:

Thanks for your help so far.

19. zircon3035

zircon3035

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Landing error? Perhaps the deflection yoke has moved. I understand that Sony fit the DY to the c.r.t. at the factory (rather than the whole c.r.t./DY being one piece), so movement is possible.

Landing errors would allow the white text to still appear white (perhaps with colour fringes) but the red background would show the colour errors, which appears to be what you have.

Time to get an engineer to take a look.

HTH,

Ian

20. AMYPETER

AMYPETER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that,

anyone know any engineers iaround the chertsey area in surrey area who would do call-outs?

Thanks again.