Oh dear! Stand by for some fuel price increases!

Someone kindly sent me a link to an article on new sanctions to cripple Iran's oil exports, thereby starving it of oil revenue.

I spotted the following inside the piece towards the bottom of the page:

"A Bloomberg survey shows Iran pumped 3.6 million barrels a day last month – nearly twice the daily production of Libya before it erupted into civil war, sending world oil prices spiking to $114 a barrel."

Read it all at:

New Sanctions Aim to Cripple Iran

Hmmm? And what about us in the UK who are already painfully struggling to pay for the fuel for our vehicles and the oil for our central heating?

mason

it just gets worse!!

when you are fuelling up the car- you just seem to focus on the money going round so much faster than the litres!! i remeber when it was the other way around!!

chump

mason said:
it just gets worse!!

when you are fuelling up the car- you just seem to focus on the money going round so much faster than the litres!! i remeber when it was the other way around!!

Lol glad its not just me then!

Nezben

Distinguished Member
It was only a few years ago a litre of fuel was less than a pound. I wish my wages went up as fast as fuel does!

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
Just filled up this afternoon (diesel). There is something about paying over £100 for a tank of fuel that doesn't feel right and it wasn't even on empty to start with.

kav

Distinguished Member
I moved over here just under ten years ago - at that time petrol was approx 68p per litre. Doubling in price in ten years...let's hope that trend doesn't continue.

qwerty321

Just filled up this afternoon (diesel). There is something about paying over £100 for a tank of fuel that doesn't feel right and it wasn't even on empty to start with.

I've sort of stopped paying attention to the price now. I just put my card in, fill up and go. However, filled up the other day and it wasn't till later that I thought about how much I had paid. A snip under £70 for 50 litres!

Thankfully, I've started a car share now which will save me a decent sum.

mooperman

Distinguished Member
same, about £70 or so for 50 ltrs.....

i was in dubai a couple of weeks ago (stayed with GF's sister) and they filled there 100ltr jeep for about £17....:eek:

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
I'm currently doing on average 700 miles a week. I drive a 1.3 cdti astravan.

If I do 70+ mph I get about 500 on a full tank. If I do 55 - 60 & go no higher than 2000 revs I can do 750 - 780 on the same tank. This is 99% motorway driving.

A substantial saving over the year in money, however it is boring & HGV 's dislike you cruising at 55 - 60.

Price of fuel will never drop under a £, suppose we have to get used to it & get on with it...

BB

qwerty321

I'm currently doing on average 700 miles a week. I drive a 1.3 cdti astravan.

If I do 70+ mph I get about 500 on a full tank. If I do 55 - 60 & go no higher than 2000 revs I can do 750 - 780 on the same tank. This is 99% motorway driving.

A substantial saving over the year in money, however it is boring & HGV 's dislike you cruising at 55 - 60.

Price of fuel will never drop under a £, suppose we have to get used to it & get on with it...

BB

That is about the same as I get. In my 2.2 Diesel Laguna! 70-80 on motorways and according to the app I have on my iPad, works out at 550 miles per tank. My On Board Computer doesn't work properly so can't trust what that says.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom