Oh dear... signed up for sky Q today and thinking of canceling

zombie_donkey

Established Member
Reaction score
I rang up Sky for the black Friday deal today as I was ,2gig sky Q with multiroom for £50pm with a free 43" tv and I also had a recommend a find £125 cashbook offer.

The helpful chap eventually advised me I could not have both offers so the £125 went out the window.

But he gave me 20% off my sub so it was going to be £42.40. happy days! I signed up.

I noticed they are offering sky cinema for £9 a month so I rang up to add that.

The chap I eventually got through to told me he can't "stack" offers and I would only get the 20% off the movies so it was 80p. I challenged this and he just did not sound confident in what he was telling me but I couldn't get anywhere .

Now I am sat waiting ages for online chat as I don't want to wait another 15 minutes on the phone to get through so someone as I am on Virginmedia phone so it may not be free as it is a weird number.

I am not impressed. Is this typical of Sky service?

I'd never use anything other than e-mail to communicate with them.

Ok. I have emailed them asking if the agent was correct and saying I may not bother proceeding.

I am sick of the Virginmedia Tivo box and I watch most of my tv streaming netflix and now tv so I would rather go with a better tv service as I miss the History channel and a few others not available on Virgins basic service and now tv but the dreadful call centre Sky have is making Virgins call centre seem slick and super customer focused .

8 (

I've made my mind up. If sky are this bad before you even get installed I will pass.

Does anyone think they will try and stiff me on a refund for the install I paid upfront?

I've made my mind up. If sky are this bad before you even get installed I will pass.

Does anyone think they will try and stiff me on a refund for the install I paid upfront?
No , when i cancelled the install payment was refunded within 5 days

Thanks for the reassuring reply.

I'll ring em tomorrow and get it out of the way.

How much business does their call centre cost them?

I spoke to a more knowledgable person today and after he realised the tv was just a nice thing rather than essential to me, I have a far bigger 4k tv already, he suggested I forego that and have a full package with 2gb Q and multiroom for half price so I went for that. I'm still not confident about their call centres if I have issues but once I cancel my £19 of Now tv subs I am only paying about £19 more each month.

Fingers crossed they don't screw up.

Sky customer services, especially if you call them up, are no where near as good as Virgin's which in all honesty is not too bad at all...but...the Q box is light years ahead of the TiVo box and is a joy to use.
I don't regret moving to Sky from Virgin one bit. Still needs a few changes and improvements but I'm loving my Q and mini setup.

Where did
Ok. I have emailed them asking if the agent was correct and saying I may not bother proceeding.

I am sick of the Virginmedia Tivo box and I watch most of my tv streaming netflix and now tv so I would rather go with a better tv service as I miss the History channel and a few others not available on Virgins basic service and now tv but the dreadful call centre Sky have is making Virgins call centre seem slick and super customer focused .

8 (
Where did you find an email address to email them. Looked everywhere and can't find one.

If you go to cancel my sky on the website there are three options and the third is message. This was what I meant when I said email.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom