1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Dear Pixel Help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rizla, Nov 25, 2003.

1. rizla

rizla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    13 hours on the lamp and I was just checking up close to the screen when I noticed what MAY be dead pixels. There is one pixel near the centre bright but I dont think at full brightness GREEN in colour. There is ALSO ABOUT 5 TO 6 BLUE ONES ,
    They are only seen during a black screen background as when its blue the pixels change to blue and disapear.
    I had a DPC before purchase so was wondering do I return it to the supplier or should I forget them as I cant see them when watching a film.

Thanks Guys

2. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    if u can't see them now, you will soon because your eyes will hunt for them.
    its impossible 2 forget about them. and a dead pixel check is sopposed to check for dead pixels. return it
    if u want!

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    I would guess that 7 bad (bright) pixels is outside of the manufacturer's tolerance and you are due for a replacement.