1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh dear out came the plastic

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mark Smith, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Mark Smith

Mark Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone. i've been reading all your posts over the last few weeks trying to decide which plasma is for me? I only watch normal tv and Sky. A dvd once in a blue moon.
    First i feel in love with pio 434 But over budget, kept looking at it anyway and then feel out of love with it, don't know why really.
    So after a visit to my local RS i decided to go for the Hitachi 400e on my second visit i decided to buy it. screen wall bracket 2yr service and some leads £2900ish, then the manager and his little helper started to argue over the wall bracket so i left without my plasma. Back to the lads at the forum. HITATCHI 42PD3000 at JL sounds just for me. So i invited the wife to go shopping with me lets go to Blue water i said. o.k.she replys. oh look love John Lewis, shell we. asked the sales lady to price match Cheadle branch with del. and 5yrs, comes back thats fine £3000 Sir, handed over the old plastic, picked the wife up of the floor and went home a very happy hector...
    So i am waiting for delivery 23/12. looking forward to opening the box and having all my pixals falling on to the floor, sticking my AV1 into my AV3 and getting my rgb stuck in my x box????
    as you can tell iam going to need alittle more help than most. It's taken me 3 attemps to post this. Mark.

2. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PD3000 has to be one of the easiest screens to set up. Just follow the instructions in the manual it's no more complex than any other TV really.

I hope you're happy with your new plasma screen, just in time for christmas too.

3. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My local RS is selling that Hitachi for £2500, but has no tuner/stand/wall bracket. Why is there such a difference?
    Should be going to JL Cheadle tomorrow to buy a 42PD3000 hopefully!

4. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why would they sell this TV without Stand/speakers/tuner. Its apackage deal. I presume they just want the lower price to attract more customers.

5. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I'm guessing that the panel that RS are selling is the 400e which is the same panel as the 42PD3000 but without the tuner, stand and speakers hence the lower price. AFAIK, the PD3000 is useless without the tuner.

As Elvis says, the 42PD3000 is dead easy to setup, just plug your gear into the tuner box and away you go.

HTH

John (VERY happy 42PD3000 owner)