1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh dear, burnt out pixel on Mimo - going back

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by chrisjoanne, Nov 26, 2003.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, after 1 Pany and 3 Tosh Tv's I thought my luck was changing when I received the Mimo last week.
    Absolutely superb Tv - everything I wanted.....and more. BUT its got a burnt out pixel which I've just noticed ....BUGGER!
    I've rang buyyourav and they're exchanging the Tv next week.
    I thought something was funny when I received the Tv with an open box. I'm now thinking the Tv was given to someone who also spotted the pixel and also changed it. Then its passed on from Loewe in the hope the next person would not see it.
    Apart from this spot I'm amazed how good the Tv is and just wished I had purchased one months ago.

Any one else had problems with burnt pixels?

Chris

2. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Unlucky, but CRTs don't actually have pixels in the same way that flat panel screens do. It is an electron beam fired onto a phosphor screen through a mask. Maybe the phosphor screen is damaged at a small point?

3. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi kwangomango

It was the guy from Buyyourav who suggested it was a burnt out pixel.
    There IS something there. It looks like a black dot on the inside of the screen.
    Don't think I've noticed it before as I'm sitting about 12 feet away but the first time I gave the screen a wipe over it showed up.
    I now notice it when that part of the screen is a light colour.
    Like I say, the picture quality etc of Tv is excellent so hopefully by next week it'll be sorted.

Fingers crossed

Chris