Oh crap

GAZBEROTTEN

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Did a Google search on US Navy Satellite maps as they seem to have more detail than Google does and came across this website with the following warning

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...sg=AFQjCNE1sYKIrL6wiPftARXSAVFRPSY9Hw&cad=rjahttps://usmap.cnet.navy.mil/usmapss/static/banner.jsp

DoD Notice and Consent

Notice: You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) information system (IS)
that is provided for USG-authorized use only.

By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
-The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
-At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
-Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG authorized purpose.
-This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
-Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.

Im not sure if i can get into trouble for even accessing this website since it was listed on a google search engine by searching up US navy Satelite maps on google.

Can i get into bother for this as i discovered this by accident.:eek:

You will find out very shortly!!!

I cannot believe you opened that link!!Well, I can I suppose

I didn't click accept so all i did was look at that page. It is listed on google as a search listing if you google up US Navy Satellite Maps it shows up on the listings

Yeah, I used to know someone that went looking for that kind of stuff. I don't know what happened to him, but he disappeared for a long time, came back a different bloke.Never spoke of where he went, he is a recluse now.

Hopefully the fact you didn't click accept will be in your favour.Good luck

Its listed on google for starters ie a public access domain

I didn't click accept

I'm in the Uk

I'm telephoning President Obama right now. Expect the sound of helicopters shortly.

Yeah and? You think the Yanks come knocking, the UK will stand in their way??Seriously, I think you will be OK, but you need to know that every search everyone makes is stored somewhere, you will probably have raised a red flag somewhere,your search history will probably be looked into now.Be careful what you Google !!!At least from your own PC. If you are going to search for stuff you shouldn't be searching for, use an internet cafe or something!!!!

I'm telephoning President Obama right now. Expect the sound of helicopters shortly.

Yeah, thats what the bloke needs ,stupid comments. Believe it or not, this is serious!!!!

Should be fine.
Unless you start looking at websites about flights, shoes and fertiliser.

Deadringers!!!!! Not you as well???

No contact for an hour. Did he get whacked already? A lotta holes in that desert, man.

Nope got nothing to worry about , you've not tried to access individuals accounts.

You may want to fully encrypt your hard drive though incase they put you on the list ;)

You can't be arrested for viewing top level sites, randomly mashing in usernames and passwords will be treated as an attempted breach though.

Last edited:
The text seems like a sort of pre-warning sort of thing. That if you go ahead, you need to be aware of those things. I wouldn't be worried about it.

Im sure if its something secure, the US government wouldn't have it listed on Google!

Still, probably not wise to search those kind of things.

Someone from Durham has just tweeted about a mass audible disturbance and apparently a disbanded helicopter can be spotted in Gaz's garden

Can you confirm that you are writing that message without being under any duress? :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I love these forums, I really do.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom