1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh clever folk, lend me your wisdom

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MrHarry, Mar 8, 2005.

1. MrHarry

MrHarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello there all. Can anyone give me some advice on what portable Mp3 player to buy? :lease:

I would be willing to spend around £200. I would only be transferring my CD collection on to the Mp3 player, i.e. I'm not downloading tracks or albums from the internet, as I have an outstandingly rubbish 56kbps connection!

Bearing the above in mind, could anyone suggest anything? I've heard of the iPod and HD3, and would love to hear anyone's experiences with these and any other portable players.

Cheers everyone! :hiya:

2. aljanomac

aljanomac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    having owned both an iPod and currently own an HD3 I would opt (time and time again until doomsday) that the HD3 is FAR superior in build, battery life, sound quality, looks and overall consumer feel.

also the fact that the iPod is a 'fashion accessory' makes it revoltingly ugly and naff (just like those bloomin' charity yellow bracelets that everyone seems to wear these days!! Aaaarrgghh)

The HD3 is a quiet and unassuming little guy but can beat the crap out of the iPod in a playground fight anyday.

Do you want a fasion icon or a solidly built MP3/Atrac layer?

3. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0