1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh boy, I'm not having much fun...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DJ Mike, Feb 1, 2005.

1. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Any of you following my debacle with the KV32CS70 from Sony will know of the RGB flicker issues I've had with it over the past couple of months since I bought the set - well I'm pleased to say I've resolved those issues down to a point where I'm very much happy with my set and am very much wanting to enjoy it for the next few years.

EXCEPT this evening when I switched on my TV after work for an evening of viewing, I found the display to be horizontally scrunched towards the centre of the screen, and the sides of the picture to be extremely bowed inwards - an obvious failure of the electronics inside. I've tried switching off the set for a bit and back on - for a few short minutes I got a normal picture again, but that was two hours ago, and now I'm just getting this faulty display.

This is disheartening to say the least - I was actually very much chuffed with this TV, and considering the struggle I've been through to get to this point, I'm ****** off that I had to get the _actually_ dodgy set.

Needless to say I'll be on to John Lewis first thing in the morning... Perhaps third time will prove lucky?

M;.

2. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    You don't know real misfortune until you've had 5 faulty sets (like me)! :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I hope you get it sorted!

3. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Yeah, I've read some stuff like that on here before :rolleyes: Typical lack of quality control in electronics companies, really. The bigger these things get, the more often you seem to find fault with them - I remember getting my 14" TV 8 years ago and I've been perfectly happy with it ever since.

I seriously hope this is the last time I have to keep hassling John Lewis about this, who've been more than gracious about the problems I've been having.

M;.

4. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    only 5??!! My Sony TV number NINE comes tomorrow,that's THREE FS76U's and SIX HQ100's,13 months after i originally purchased one!! Still,at least i get a new TV every month or so,and lots of kit thrown in for all the day's off work etc etc :)

5. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I sympathise with your plight entirely, although I must confess I'm curious as to how you've gotten through 9 TV sets ;-)

M;.

6. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    1-tube failed,2-bad purity,picture flickering,3-failed aftyer 3 months-powered off blinked LED four times! 4-switched SCART AV's on it's own,turned out to be normal,5-bad purity,6-fine until recall-Mastercare engineer broke it,7-flickering picture,8 bad purity,9 arrives tomorrow.

7. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well bust.. uh BEST of luck with number 9 is all I can say ;-)

M;.

8. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Everything will be crossed!! Apparently this one has been inspected and setup by Sony's R&D department..........but if anything is wrong they will know about it!!!

9. DJ Mike

DJ Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well, JL have contact their installation team, who I've just confirmed with that they'll be visiting on Friday, thank goodness - so hopefully once their engineer confirms the problem, they'll sort me out with a replacement by the end of next week. Still a bit of a bugger though - this time round I can't even watch the set while I'm waiting for a replacement!

M;.