1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offset on Projector set up

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by phfjones, Sep 11, 2004.

1. phfjones

phfjones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone explain what a DLP user manual means by 21cm Offset.
    I am setting up my Digital Projection iVision this weekend and the user guide says that for the throw and screen size (16 feet throw on a 92" screen) this is what I have to work with? In my set up what do I have to consider with this?

Thank you

Paul

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Offset is the amount by which the projector throws an image which is above or below the level of the projector lens. I'm not familiar with the model you mention, but if you put the projector on a coffee table 16 ft away from the wall where you're going to locate your screen and turn on the projector, then you'll find out where the image will be. This will allow you to measure the position of the image relative to the lens of the projector and work out the appropriate position for the screen once you've mounted the projector permanently - just remember that if the projector throws the bottom of the image below the level of the lens when it's on a coffee table, it will throw it above the level of the lens if you ceiling mount it (because the projector will be upside down). If it throws it above the level of the lens, then in ceiling mode it will be below the level of the lens.

Sean.