Official xbox live app for ios

dpb69

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The official app is out from MS for ios :)

It's universal for iPad & iPhone

Nicer on iPad, wish it would let me go to the market and set downloads etc

First impressions is its quite nice. Not sure how to link it here straight to iTunes so if anyone does I'll copy the link in this post

Last edited:
Grabbed it earlier but cant try it out as it seems xbox has just died. Won't sign in on console or the companion app. Some friends , on various ISPs also can connect. Network tests all fail at the xbl stage.

Hands up who broke it then? Lol

I've had this app for years, this is not an 'official' app.
App is currently working for me...

Last edited:
Grabbed it earlier but cant try it out as it seems xbox has just died. Won't sign in on console or the companion app. Some friends , on various ISPs also can connect. Network tests all fail at the xbl stage.

Hands up who broke it then? Lol

Interesting, same thing here, on Sky broadband, everything on the network is working just fine, just the 360, it was working earlier this evening. I was on the beta, don't know if that makes any difference.

virtual_boy said:
I've had this app for years, this is not an 'official' app.
App is currently working for me...

That's not the official app in the link if you search My Xbox Live you should find it.

It's very good, am impressed with it :)

dannius said:
Er... Yes it is!

The one in the link isn't the official app

The one in the link isn't the official app

Ah I see, I didn't follow the link just searched the app store on my phone. Can't believe anyone uses iTunes to buy apps, so much easier on the iPhone itself.

Anyway i've downloaded the new app but it's not up and running for me either.

dannius said:
Ah I see, I didn't follow the link just searched the app store on my phone. Can't believe anyone uses iTunes to buy apps, so much easier on the iPhone itself.

Anyway i've downloaded the new app but it's not up and running for me either.

If you click the link on your phone it takes you to the app store :)

If you click the link on your phone it takes you to the app store :)

Yeah ok smart :censored: ;)

It's working for me now after signing in again, very slick app, I do like the new metro style MS are going with.

Been playing about with it. It's bloody good. Really thought about usability. Top notch ms fellas

gutted, does not work on iphone 3G as not a new enough ios :(

Much better on Windows Phone but it's still nice on iOS, what I could use of it, my iPad 1 is busted now it just boots me out of apps all the time, kicks me out of Safari, kicks me out of Facebook when I try and upload a photo kicks me out of the Xbox app every time I go to messages. Love to know what's wrong with it :(

Been playing about with it. It's bloody good. Really thought about usability. Top notch ms fellas

Its pretty slick I think, Yeah it could have more features but for something to quickly check friends online, messages and cheevo's I think its pretty cool.

Will come in handy when playing online and wanting to send out messages as I dont have the chatpad so this will make it easier :thumbsup:

It's a good start. Hopefully they update it over time so I can quickly search the marketplace and buy stuff and queue up downloads.

I would also be good if they added some remote control functionality too.

gutted, does not work on iphone 3G as not a new enough ios :(

Ditto. Can't tell me that there aren't enough 2 and 3G's out there to make it compatible with all OS...

Works fine on the humble iPod if anybody still uses such a thing.

The app is great, now deleted 360Live that I've used for ages, this is so much better.

Can't believe they've included avatar editing, gives me something to do on the train! Haha. I tether my iPod btw ;)

I installed this on both my iphone 4 and ipad 1 but when i try to access my messages it boots me out of the app on both devices....is it just me or is this a known problem ?

Makes the Sony official app look... well a little poo!!

Why do MS make such good apps, yet Sony's are half-assed? Answers on a postcard c/o Sony.

Where's the android version?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom