Official problem with Canon EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM lenses

HCking

Established Member
Reaction score
This was posted by Canon USA http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...oryid=216&modelid=11922&keycode=2112&id=28468

Affected Products:
We have been studying the symptoms of this phenomenon in order to determine its precise cause and to develop an appropriate remedy. We have now determined the cause and have developed the remedy.
This phenomenon affects all EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM lenses with a "0" or "1" in the third digit of the (8 digit) serial number. Products that have a third digit of "2" or higher in their serial number are not affected.

Customer Support:
We will make inspections and repairs free of charge for customers who are experiencing this phenomenon, so please contact our call center. In addition, our call center will start accepting inquiries regarding affected products from July 18, 2006.

I had one of these on order a while back as most online stores were out of stock. I then read that article you've linked to a few weeks ago so cancelled my order until I know that the problem is sorted. A shame really as, apart from the image quality in portrait mode on some of the lenses, I've heared nothing but praise for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom