Official MS MC Remote

Earl_Uk

Big thumbs up here from me, I picked the official remote up off eBay for a tenner (good price from what i have watched over the last month).

Its used and show a bit of wear but works great, its much much better than the one that comes with win TV.

If you see one of these pick it up, well worth it.

Its a real shame that MS have discontinued these.

djcla

Distinguished Member
Big thumbs up here from me, I picked the official remote up off eBay for a tenner (good price from what i have watched over the last month).

Its used and show a bit of wear but works great, its much much better than the one that comes with win TV.

If you see one of these pick it up, well worth it.

Its a real shame that MS have discontinued these.

i wondered why i could not find one in the mS shop the other day, not that i have a HTPC yet but just wanted to see the remote. DOes it have a record button i know its a silly question but my mahcine needs to be easy to us like sky to keep peace.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
If I already have a Logitech Harmony One what will I need to make this work with Windows 7 when I upgrade ? Any type of USB IR receiver ?

Earl_Uk

It lights up when you press a button... thats a god send at night!

It does have a record button.

kraven

Standard Member
I have used all variants of the MCE remote, and I have to say, the Harmonys are a much better investment.

kraven

Standard Member
oh really anyone in particular i should look at , ?

I use the Harmony 525, one of their cheapest ones, it controls the Media Center, as well as the TV, AMP, Plex (XBMC), basically everything.

The MCE remote, just controls the Media Center :(

Misco used to have these at a cheap price.

jameson_uk

I have used all variants of the MCE remote, and I have to say, the Harmonys are a much better investment.
I have to say for just the PC I actually prefer the feel of the MCE remote. The Harmony remote is great for multiple devices but you still need a receiver on the PC (and the MS MCE remote receiver is the best I have used)

I am holding on to my two MCE remotes and a bit gutted I sold the third....

Cafe Racer

Not actually true, although the V2 remote (silver curvy one, AKA the "MCE Remote") will only control the TV on/off (or one other piece of euipment, I have one set to cycle through the source on the TV) and the Volume of one other piece of equipment, but this is instead of the PC.

The Vista remote (White straight one) can control the PC and three other devices. Doesn't light up, though. Most of the Vista ones don't come with the IR Blasters, but they were available.

Waiting to see what will happen next - you HAVE to have an MCE compatible remote to use Media Center, very unlike MS to not have devices available...

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom