The Matrix Resurrections (22 Dec 2021) directed by Lana Wachowski

Rate me

• Total voters
But he can’t pass for a ‘Young Neo’ alongside a ‘Young Morpheus’ as he clearly looks older than he did in the Matrix :)

John Wick can do whatever he likes :D

But personally I'd be surprised if they even moved on a young Morpheus / Neo now. Not now they're moving forward with this.

I guess if this is a massive success though then there's a whole new generation to excite with The Matrix. But we're talking years away and Michael B. Jordan could be an old man by then and concentrating on Creed coming out of retirement to fight Clubber Lang's grandson!

But he can’t pass for a ‘Young Neo’ alongside a ‘Young Morpheus’ as he clearly looks older than he did in the Matrix :)
No reason they can’t employ deaging for both characters, no need to recast anybody.

Personally, I think The Matrix was excellent but, and I hate to say this, it was lightening in a bottle that they didn't manage to replicate with the sequels. The Wachowski's have struggled to make anything I'm interested in watching more than once (Sense8 aside) since the first film and, as a result, I don't have a lot of faith that another Matrix flick is ultimately going to be much good.
I'm sure they'll manage to push the envelope with the FX and do something new and possibly mind blowing there, but I don't think the film itself will be any better than either of the 2 sequels. But I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.
I'm actually really surprised that, even with Keanu attached, Warners are prepared to fund this.

Oooo yes please. Can I pre-order it :rotfl:

This franchise had its chance and the creators were given carte blanche to do what ever the hell they wanted. It just needs to die now or live on in the form of a Netflix series in the hands of someone else.

The Warshowskis havent made a good film since the first Matrix movie. this movie will just be a nostalgia trip for the fans OR it'll be like TFA which will tear down the lore/characters from the original trilogy to bring in a new, younger audience.

'Cloud Atlas' was great tbf.

Neo's character arc reached a logical & satisfactory conclusion in 'The Matrix Revolutions' while Trinity was last seen fatally impaled on some industrial plumbing. I dread how they'll go about retconning all that.

Last edited:
Original film was brilliant and I couldn't wait to see what happened next ... that was until next came along and found that it just became even more confusing, tedious and as others have said quickly disappeared up it's own arse story wise.

I checked out midway through the 2nd film and never even had the urge to go back and view a single moment of any of the films.

So I think quite a few will see the original trilogy as jumping the shark somewhere along the road which isn't exactly a great starting point for a new film - especially when you consider some of the garbage the creators have put out since, usually turning a great initial idea into a complete and utter mess long before the end.

Hmm no thanks even with the original cast , writer and direction , Reloaded and Revolution disappeared up its own rabbit hole .

I am, as ever, prepared to be disappointed.

The first was incredible and one of those films that changes cinema, often imitated but never bettered and was just a product of it's time. Reloaded was a poor sequel and Revolutions was worse so I don't have any high hopes for a fourth unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong though, would be good to finally get a decent sequel to the original.

Actually thought he was pretty terrible in Aquaman.

you're entitled :D
Luckily he did not say much in Peele's US?

i'll put it down to the scripted dialogue given. Actors don't get roles if they cannot act well. He probably fair better in future movies outside of CBM genre.
Shia was not great in Hollywood blockbusters, but doing fine in indie drama films.

you're entitled :D
Luckily he did not say much in Peele's US?

i'll put it down to the scripted dialogue given. Actors don't get roles if they cannot act well. He probably fair better in future movies outside of CBM genre.
Shia was not great in Hollywood blockbusters, but doing fine in indie drama films.
Shia was just fine in ‘Hollywood’ roles. Possibly some of his personal problems hampered his acting before he had his hiatus.

Shia was just fine in ‘Hollywood’ roles. Possibly some of his personal problems hampered his acting before he had his hiatus.

still most would not want him back as Mutt Williams

As long as Reeves, Moss and Fishburne are involved, they can cast who else they like to be honest!

As long as Reeves, Moss and Fishburne are involved, they can cast who else they like to be honest!
Fishburne only one still not confirmed
Earlier rumours suggested he is not needed for this earlier set timeline which features a younger Neo

Edit Yahya Abdul-Mateen II might be a new incarnation of Morpheus!

Last edited:
Matrix 4? This is a surprise, I must have erased 2 and 3 from memory...

I guess they probably rename this to Matrix Origins

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom