The Matrix Resurrections (22 Dec 2021) directed by Lana Wachowski

Rate me

• Total voters
Writer Zak Penn
Re: The Matrix, yes I’m writing something.” “Not a reboot, not a continuation, watch Animatrix, read comics to see what Wachowskis did.”

A script in development is not a movie,” "No casting, director, style can be discussed yet. Nothing to see here folks...yet."

Just remember..................There Is No Spoon

A new trilogy probably means a new Neo/One, after reloaded and revolutions I'm not sure the warshowski sisters have got it in them to expand the matrix-verse in a new and interesting way. Sure they ramped up the fight scenes but the plots were really meh after the brilliant first movie. I fear this could be like TFA where they go over old ground for a new generation. God I hope not

The Matrix is a great sci-fi trilogy, if they make a new movies they will just fudgeed it all up.
But of course they have to make more and more money, and I will not be surprised at all if they make even three new movies. They will most likely suck big time, but who cares about quality movies any more:laugh:

The Wachowski Brothers are now known as The Wachowski Sisters

Lana Wachowski
(born Laurence Wachowski) and Lilly Wachowski (born Andrew Paul Wachowski)

Michael B Jordan
rumoured to star. Filming will start in Chicago. The film has been in development under the working title ‘Project Ice Cream’.

Michael B. Jordan to Star in New Matrix Movie Directed by Lana Wachowski?

I like Michael B and I know there were meant to be many 'Ones' in the Matrix mythology but without Keanu this will be an epic fail, that's just my humble opinion. That and the Warchowskis haven't really done anything decent since the first Matrix movie anyway. The sequels were overblown hype and style with a very unsatisfying conclusion with moments no one wanted like the Zion orgy scene or Neo going blind wtf!

The sequels were overblown hype and style with a very unsatisfying conclusion with moments no one wanted like the Zion orgy scene

wasn't it a rave? I don't remember an orgy, just a sex scene between Neo and Trinity that was intercut with a rather bizarre rave (a rave without pills.... seriously???) in Zion.

I tend to agree though, beyond the first Matrix the Sister Brothers haven't really done anything I'd voluntarily watch more than once.
Having said that, Sense8 is my Mrs's most favourite thing ever. But she doesn't like anything else they've done so she's not exactly waiting for a new Matrix flick, either.

with advances in VFX could be stunning as long as the plot is too

No Micheal B Jordan then !?

Love Jordan, but I don't really want him to be the next Chris Pratt when it comes to his name popping up for every reboot/remake.

Matrix has always been Reeves' baby for me, and Wick proves he's a) still got it physically and b) regained some serious Box Office clout. The latter of which is probably the only reason they'd green light another big budget film of any description with the Wachowskis at the helm.

Love Jordan, but I don't really want him to be the next Chris Pratt when it comes to his name popping up for every reboot/remake.

Matrix has always been Reeves' baby for me, and Wick proves he's a) still got it physically and b) regained some serious Box Office clout. The latter of which is probably the only reason they'd green light another big budget film of any description with the Wachowskis at the helm.
Oh I concur, he has a couple of franchises to keep him occupied.
Was merely querying if anyone knew if he’d been dropped or not.

Increasingly my heart sinks when I hear a beloved franchise is to return (aka re-booted). With so much of the original talent involved, hopefully they can produce something that isn't a complete train wreck.

I dunno. Him and Cruise between them have discovered the secret of immortality!
But he can’t pass for a ‘Young Neo’ alongside a ‘Young Morpheus’ as he clearly looks older than he did in the Matrix :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom