The Matrix Resurrections (22 Dec 2021) directed by Lana Wachowski

Rate me

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Rumour reports of two more Matrix films that maybe in the works are doing the rounds, according to new that stems from AICN received from someone who attended a keynote speech at the London School of Performing Arts – at which Keanu Reeves was guest of honour. Keanu was there promoting his new movie 'Henry's Crime'.

Reeves talked about a potential Bill & Ted 3, more Matrix sequels, and other projects. He supposedly met with the Wachowskis to discuss a two-film script treatment which would revisit the universe of The Matrix. Reeves said that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title The Matrix and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. And that the Wachowskis also met with James Cameron to discuss producing the new films in 3D.

Sorry but can we have something original?

I think that all 3 Matrix films work well together. I wonder what gaps are left to fill in?

I've had a cunning idea... they could remake Matrix 2 and 3 and tie it all together with a 'parallel matrix' storyline. So basically Matrix 4 and 5 contine straight after the first film, but at the end of Matrix 5 Neo realsies that there are infact hundreds of Matrixs' all running at the same time, he manages to work out how to cross over into them and then the final battle would be him against himself.

Heard will smith might be in this as well..

Heard will smith might be in this as well..

i thought he was linked to Wachowskis other film, a modern action Robin Hood flick, called 'Hood', not Matrix.

Last edited:
Why? Has Jesus returned to walk amongst us but someone forgot to tell me?

I'm reading that this is a big fan hoax.

according to reps “none of it is true…he did not speak nor get an award from the from the London International School of Performing Arts.”

according to reps “none of it is true…he did not speak nor get an award from the from the London International School of Performing Arts.”

good for him
i loved Matrix part 1
i never liked 2 and 3

I read that quote from Reeve's rep who told EW about it being false. With all the coverage stemming from the initial report and seemingly the franchise still holds interest, you never know maybe Warner will be thinking about a revival.

Last edited:
you never know maybe Warner will be thinking about a revival.

maybe the studio deliberately put the story out there to test the waters. It seems odd to me that AICN didn't check that report.

I loved all 3 of the matrix films, I can't see that theres anything wrong with them.

Two more would be greatfully received!

I wish they didn't. Create something else original please! No doubt in 10-15 years time (maybe less) The Matrix will be "rebooted".

I wish they didn't. Create something else original please! No doubt in 10-15 years time (maybe less) The Matrix will be "rebooted".

If anything else happens with The Matrix I would want Keanu Reeves in it. That means that now is the best time.

Yeh, its about the only thing KR fits into now.

Does this mean no more Bill and Ted as well?

I know the matrix was always envisioned as a trilogy but I think the last two became to contrived,I still enjoyed them,just not blown away like the first.I always wanted the "real world" to be another level of the matrix,another form of control,in fact I did when neo stopped the sentinels in the real world.as exciting as it might be,where can they go with it?

Look what happened to Pirates of the Carribean. It was meant to be a trilogy and left at no.3, but now we have 4, and possibly 5. Same can be said for Scream, and many other genre franchises. Matrix will be no exception, Directors, writers, and actors need to get paid.

Expect to see more franchises resurrected in this financial climate, for garanteed profit.

Love it :D

The matrix was brilliant, 2nd one pretty good but the 3rd was possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I never realised there was a matrix 2 and 3 :devil:

Rumour reports of two more Matrix films that maybe in the works are doing the rounds, according to new that stems from AICN received from someone who attended a keynote speech at the London School of Performing Arts – at which Keanu Reeves was guest of honour. Keanu was there promoting his new movie 'Henry's Crime'.

Reeves talked about a potential Bill & Ted 3, more Matrix sequels, and other projects. He supposedly met with the Wachowskis to discuss a two-film script treatment which would revisit the universe of The Matrix. Reeves said that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title The Matrix and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. And that the Wachowskis also met with James Cameron to discuss producing the new films in 3D.

The Matrix was very good but I wouldn't say it revolutionised the action genre, was just imitated by Hollywood. Okay it had some very nice CGI and some memorable shots but the action was nothing that hadn't been done (and better ) before by John Woo or tons of martial-arts movies. However it probably seemed more revolutionary to those unfamiliar with Eastern Cinema.

As for more sequels to the Matrix I would probably watch them but after the last one especially, which I haven't been able to watch again, I'm not exactly bothered. As for 3 D versions I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

Look what happened to Pirates of the Carribean. It was meant to be a trilogy and left at no.3, but now we have 4, and possibly 5. Same can be said for Scream, and many other genre franchises. Matrix will be no exception, Directors, writers, and actors need to get paid.

Expect to see more franchises resurrected in this financial climate, for garanteed profit.

PotC was only expected to a single film until it became a huge hit.

Last edited:
The big thing about the Matrix was 'bullet time' which was parodies by so many others it became a joke.

The Matrix was very good but I wouldn't say it revolutionised the action genre, was just imitated by Hollywood. Okay it had some very nice CGI and some memorable shots but the action was nothing that hadn't been done (and better ) before by John Woo or tons of martial-arts movies. However it probably seemed more revolutionary to those unfamiliar with Eastern Cinema.

As for more sequels to the Matrix I would probably watch them but after the last one especially, which I haven't been able to watch again, I'm not exactly bothered. As for 3 D versions I'm not in the slightest bit interested.

PotC was only expected to a single film until it became a huge hit.

Disagree, the Matrix changed the future of movies a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom