Official LG OLED 2018 pricing announced

The LG FALDs could be a decent option for those that need wider viewing angles but otherwise the Sony XF90 looks like a far more compelling TV with its VA panel and better local dimming. Plus at 65" it's £200 cheaper. Looks like it's not just the OLEDs that are overpriced.

I was considering either buying b/c7 or waiting until Nov for a c8, however the 65sk9500 has me interested so would like a review on that asap! I can get it now for 2046.00 also

The LG FALDs could be a decent option for those that need wider viewing angles but otherwise the Sony XF90 looks like a far more compelling TV with its VA panel and better local dimming. Plus at 65" it's £200 cheaper. Looks like it's not just the OLEDs that are overpriced.

If wider viewing angles are a concern then would not and OLED be the obvious choice over any led , FALD or not.

Given what's written in your signature you're obviously a Sony fan. Personally I'm not, as I don't like their bulling attitude within every market place they're involved in!

If wider viewing angles are a concern then would not and OLED be the obvious choice over any led , FALD or not.
Yes I should have said for people that can't afford OLED as that will offer better viewing angles than any LCD.

Given what's written in your signature you're obviously a Sony fan. Personally I'm not, as I don't like their bulling attitude within every market place they're involved in!

Hmm call me interested in this Sony bullying attitude in every market ! Would like to know more on this as new news to me . Not a fan per say as all I got is a ps4 pro n PS VR .

Yes I am a Sony fan. No idea what bullying attitude you're referring to but regardless of what either of us think of the company my point was that the LG SK8500 isn't competitively priced when the XF90 offers better PQ for less cash. I would make the same point of it was any other brand but presumably in the UK no TV will touch the XF90 in its price range.

Yes I should have said for people that can't afford OLED as that will offer better viewing angles than any LCD.

Fald does not offer better viewing angles over edge lit LED I'm afraid . I have to be bang on centre on my DX that has more dimming zones than these new psuedo fald displays .

well its official then. As I mentioned here OLED65B8PLA and OLED65B8SLC difference? why are the UK prices so ridiculous compared to the rest of europe. I suppose we have the £300 and £500 discount once its released but that does not bring it down to the levels on mainland europe just crazy. Also Sony looks like their offerings are cheaper but only before the LG discount.

Fald does not offer better viewing angles over edge lit LED I'm afraid . I have to be bang on centre on my DX that has more dimming zones than these new psuedo fald displays .

I know FALD doesn't offer better viewing angles than edge LED. The reason the LG FALDs will offer better viewing angles than the competition is because they use IPS panels rather than VA panels found on TVs like the Sony XF90. The LG FALDs are interesting because they can offer better viewing angles for people that need it while alleviating some of the black level issues that IPS suffers from thanks to FALD. Last year's LG LCDs were edge lit and had very poor black levels.

Hmm call me interested in this Sony bullying attitude in every market ! Would like to know more on this as new news to me . Not a fan per say as all I got is a ps4 pro n PS VR .

Go back and read about the HD-DVD/Blu-ray battles. HD-DVD could be made using the same facilities as DVDs, so minimal investment costs. Sony backed Blu-ray and threw everything at it, with 2 for 1 deals on their Blu-rays that stopped as soon as HD-DVD threw in the towel. It cost them a fortune, especially as they were losing money on everyone buying a PS3 as a Blu-ray player and not buying games (no licensing revenue if games are not being sold).

Then go and read about a little importer called Lik Sang Lik Sang - Wikipedia

not very competitive, prices are supposed to be coming down by now, then again brexit is probably taking its toll no too.

Cant see the B8 selling at that price its doesnt have the full fat processor doesnt it?, you'd have to be slightly mad not the pay the extra for the C8
To blame Brexit is foolish

How they get away with the misleading marketing on the W8 range is unbelievable. The soundbar cannot be wall mounted on its own, and all connections come straight out the back. On every advert this is all intentionally hidden.

Why? Companies deal in the dollar, they will set prices to make sure the exchange rate (which took a hammering) will not see them lose out on profits.
When the price of a pint goes up soon you can blame Brexit for that as well.

Has anyone not noticed the big con here from LG? They are coming in really quite high, establishing the price and will probably put some grand cashback scheme on claiming savings of 100's of pounds like they are giving us something special when really that should be the actual launch price... Really winds me up when companies do this as all we want to do is buy their products at a fair price.
I feel sorry for the poor enthusiastic guys that buy these TV's at the launch prices as they will be paying way over the odds.

They don't have to rush out and pay over-inflated launch prices. No one is forcing them! We should vote with our wallets, don't be ripped off, wait 6 months if possible.

Has anyone not noticed the big con here from LG? They are coming in really quite high, establishing the price and will probably put some grand cashback scheme on claiming savings of 100's of pounds like they are giving us something special when really that should be the actual launch price... Really winds me up when companies do this as all we want to do is buy their products at a fair price.
I feel sorry for the poor enthusiastic guys that buy these TV's at the launch prices as they will be paying way over the odds.
I don't feel sorry for the enthusiastic guys that buy the tv's at launch prices. for one ,they can afford it and they know very well the prices will drop after a few months but they are not prepared to wait. They are hardly like an old biddy getting done out of their life savings by a rogue trader. Some people like to wait and save a good wedge ,but many don't care and want the latest tech now

I was one of them buy at launch guys,and did so every year. But this year there isn't a big enough leap for me to make me wanna part with my money.maybe around black Friday I may get a new tv if there is a bargain to be had. If not I'll just stick with my e7.

Last edited:
Everyone else maintains their inflated prices; Sony and Samsung
But LG drops theirs very quickly

so who do you prefer?

I'm seeing prices of £3999 for the 65 inch C8 at Richer Sounds/Tesco etc (before taking into account the £500 rebate offer).

Has it already dropped from the initial £4499 from John Lewis/Hughes?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom