Official jaguar xf production prics

so its a subaru legacy at the front, aston martin at the back, with range rover gills at the side?

Looks a bit generic to me. Love or hate the old Jaguar, at least it looked like a Jaguar.

Looks good and like the current Aston Martins from the rear. Is it replacing the S-Type?

working now ;)

Love or hate the old Jaguar, at least it looked like a Jaguar.

thats jaguars problem, they were too busy trying to keep old owners happy, and not attracting fresh business

hopefully this will change.

oh and the 6 test ones hammering it around my work all day sound awesome!

I like it .. it's a departure for sure, but hey! .. I want one too, but only have a £7k trade-in plus £8k cash to play with ... any ideas? :confused: :D

Would love this to do well....

Love the side view

Love the rear view

Love the rear 3/4 view

Interior looks nice (a bit Fords parts bin special in places - but still nice)

But the front. No. Just doesn't work for me just yet. Too many lines, too many 'twiddly' bits (like the 'eyebrows' over the headlights harking back to old 60s Jags).

Front looks a bit Lexus/Audi/Passat in some ways.

Still... it looks way better than the current X-Type.

Jag seemed to get it soooo right with the new XK (although I mistook one for an Aston outside a pub last night - well it WAS the side view). But this seems a bit too derivative in places. I think they are still struggling with their identity - which they need to find soon. If this car can't save them, they're stuffed.

in the flesh its none of the cars people have named, apart from the back end in the flesh really says aston martin,

oh except for the side vents which do say rangerover to me too

the front end is very nice and agressive too, however id have the grill a bit bigger.

iv been proding around it all day today and its a good move forward

I like it apart from the headlights, look a bit hyundai to me - would look better if they were straight and more aggressive like the concept. Then again I think the headlines on the XK look naff as well.

I like it apart from the headlights, look a bit hyundai to me - would look better if they were straight and more aggressive like the concept. Then again I think the headlines on the XK look naff as well.

Same here.

When I originally saw the XF concept I thought "wow!", but as is often the case they've watered it down so it's not quite so special looking.

Same thing happened with the new Mitsubishi Evo X. The concept is stunning (also used narrow style headlights as the XF concept) and the road version is a disappointment.

I guess it's all the rules and regs these days that stops them just developing the concepts into an identical road car. It's like going home with a stunning woman and waking up to find you had beer goggles on, such a let down though the memories are sweet.

How much????????????????????????

Starts at £33900 for Luxury model with either 2.7twin turbo diesel or 3.0V6 petrol, the Premium Luxury model with diesel engine and 3.0V6 is £37500 and £45000 for the non supercharged 4.2V8, the SV8 Supercharged 4.2 V8 is £54900.
An XF-R is round the corner expected to be £60k that's too much in my opinion unless they tune it to 500BHP, otherwise it competes directly with the XJR.

Need to see one in the flesh but its on the list as a replacement for my XJR :thumbsup:

Jaguar designers: :oops: :(

Just wrong, wrong wrong. Shame that they've had to abandon the distinctiveness of traditional jaguar design to make a mon-baru clone in order to try to save themselves from financial ruin.

I had such high hopes for this after the XK and the concept pics.

Shandy

Looks like a 4 dr Audi A5 with a sculpted bonnet. Not sure about it, but I reeckon the A5 will start to look dated in a few years.

I'll have the 4.2 v8 super charged with b&w sound system please :rotfl:

but the mondeo looks nice in the "flesh"
seriously though, although a short comment last time. This car shares many of the same lines as the new mondeo. I mean yes its sportier.. much sportier... but its like a sporty mondeo with a body kit like kaizer said!
i bet there are TONS of similarities under the body and in the interior!

Yes my first thoughts were that it looks like a Mondeo :eek: I've always liked how Jaguars have always been very distinctive over the years but it looks like that has changed now.

Doesn't do a lot for me either, but then again i am under 50...

Looks like they borrowed a designer from each of the Ford owned companies as i can see RX8, S80, Aston, Range Rover Sport and Mondeo in there.

Still, at least it has a B&W Stereo as an option.

Doesn't do a lot for me either, but then again i am under 50...

Looks like they borrowed a designer from each of the Ford owned companies as i can see RX8, S80, Aston, Range Rover Sport and Mondeo in there.

Still, at least it has a B&W Stereo as an option.

Problem is I think the whole point of this car was to appeal to current BMW/Merc/Audi under 50 drivers. Jaguars have always been a hit with the oldies but they will prefer the XJ etc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom