Official Gardening Thread

We all get old.

"In the never ending quest to find something to do," I sorted out our "rose patio" (former koi pool).

P1040064.JPG

It has flags laid on sand on top of 20 tonnes of eco-friendly hardcore.

It drains well, but I get annoyed with the weeds that tend to grow in the sand and soil that ends up in the gap between the flags and the perimeter rocks. I have to scrape or brush them out now and again dodging round the rose pots.
So I decided I'd cement in this gap. But this would mean in a heavy downpour, there might be some standing water as although at the moment the water drains between the flags, over time soil will end up with this sand and thus it might become less porous.
So I cemented around the perimeter but put in about a dozen drain tubes made from short bits of alkathene pipe. Didn't take more than a couple of hours. Just needs a bit of a brush over tomorrow when the cement has gone off.

P1040196.JPG

Decided to keep one grape and have put up a wire system to keep it in check and tight at all times.

wire.jpg

Anyone recognise the grass type these seeds are from? I stole them on the dog walk this morning, to plant in my garden. I like the insect look they have.

2AB04AC4-0B99-44A8-A85B-9C9786672F52.jpeg

So THAT is what a thingy is!

On the subject of "thingy."

On a holiday in North Wales many years ago, I told my kids that on this particular day we were going to visit Caernarfon Castle. To which the eldest replied. "Isn't that where whatshisname got thingied?"

On the subject of "thingy."

On a holiday in North Wales many years ago, I told my kids that on this particular day we were going to visit Caernarfon Castle. To which the eldest replied. "Isn't that where whatshisname got thingied?"

I thought that was at Conwy Castle

But without the wossname.

That's the fella!

I had completely forgotten about replacing the robot mower's blades until @Dony and @hyperfish mentioned it so treated Bumble to some new ones - ordered yesterday, and at £1.30 a set (when buying ten sets) something I probably should have done a good while ago :blush:

1590336202609.png

I had completely forgotten about replacing the robot mower's blades until @Dony and @hyperfish mentioned it so treated Bumble to some new ones - ordered yesterday, and at £1.30 a set (when buying ten sets) something I probably should have done a good while ago :blush:

View attachment 1305457

Where are you buying at those prices? £17.99 for 3 sets from the official site.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Dug and weeded the veg patch this weekend, and sowed two rows of carrots.

B4772665-77A4-4624-8E8B-F37ECADD1584.jpeg

Also potted out the corn and cue. They’re going to harden for a week before going off to die in the patch.

A408774E-FDEF-46E1-B076-F4CF11B4E5EF.jpeg

I forgot I took these photos.

When I had to put an arch in the replacement rectangular door for our fence, I found an easy way to mark it out.

Three nails and a bit of alkathene pipe and a pencil..

P1040182.JPG

Then a thirty year-old jigsaw.

P1040183.JPG

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom