1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Denon 2900 firmware update in the USA

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cybersoga, Sep 27, 2003.

1. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    ###COPIED AND PASTED FROM ANOTHER SOURCE, I DID NOT WRITE THIS###

"Folks it has been awhile, but I will be able to respond to the multitude of questions since I was last on. I'll be posting responses starting Monday the 29th.

For now a couple of things:

First an apology for not being on for a really long time. Sorry.

Second. the firmware for the DVD-2900 is NOW AVAILABLE and ready to be sent to those who request it. The firmware is for serial numbered units 3048404741 and lower, all other serial #s do not need the firmware as it they were corrected at the factory.

THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR UNITED STATES/CANADA CUSTOMERS ONLY!

It corrects the following:

1. Pixel Cropping - as reported by Stacey Spears
    2. RS-232C protocol changes
    3. Freezing issues with the AVIA Test Disc

There is no fix for the 'Chroma Bug' for 3:2 Alt Flag material or 4:2:0 material. Sorry.

I am not going to post, or e-mail, the firmware for download as there are too many variables that can corrupt the data, which could seriously damage your player. I will send them to you, at no charge of course. I am also not going to state any 'firmware version checks procedure' as I am not updated from the factory when there are version changes, so I feel this will cut down on everyones confusion on which version is current and/or correct.

Please PM me with your request and shipping information, including phone number.

Also will someone copy this post for me where other DVD-2900 owners reside. Thanks!

2. robbster

robbster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    cheers cybersoga

Isnt this firmware update just for US machines though or can it be used on our UK ones?

cheers

Rob

3. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Dunno, i'd hassle Denon UK about it if I were you, they should have a UK version of the firmware that fixes the same things.

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sounds like goor customer relations .. fix North American customers' problems and sod the rest. Worse, don't post it where anyone can see it, make them KNOW about it and write it. I don't buy the pitiful excuse about "too many variables", that's just BS.

Think I'll strike Denon off my list of prospective suppliers.

5. TAHIR

TAHIR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the reason why I bypassed Denon and went elswhere for my setup, and everytime I come to this and other forums, I thank my retailer for steering me away from Denon, as I was hell bent on purchasing the A1Sr and A1 combo back last August.

The grief and heartache I have been saved from is more than the extra I paid for the Tag gear. Upgrades, no problem.

6. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I have to say I've been surprised by the number of problems people have with Denon kit .. doesn't take much searching on here for example to come across them .. Denon have a reputation for top quality, certainly in the hi-fi world, maybe they just can't write decent software. :confused: