Official AVForums Blu-ray Review: Crazy, Stupid, Love

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Reviewed by Cas Harlow, 23rd November 2011.
A standard Hollywood rom-com with heart, or a dramatic indie piece with shallow mainstream aspirations, Crazy, Stupid, Love remains one of this year’s better romantic comedy dramas, balancing a bit of everything in a heady mix which will have you laughing and sighing throughout, undoubtedly blissfully caught up in the convoluted love-lives of a trio of disparate, interconnected couples ...

On Region Free US Blu-ray we get very good (but not quite demo quality) video and audio, as well as a small selection of extras to round off the disc, making for a decent enough release ...

Read the full review...

I think someone needs to get their head seeing too if they classify "The Hangover" as a good film :)

Still.....I managed to read the full review, and have put Crazy, Stupid , Love on my (mental) list to buy.......when I have the funds lol

(does help that Ive always been a fan of Julianne Moore, Marissa Tomei and Kevin Bacon)

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a very good film. Reminded me a bit of City Island, with the dysfunctional happenings, but even better. One of the best movies this year I'd say. Better than the likes of Bridesmaids or Horrible Bosses.

I think someone needs to get their head seeing too if they classify "The Hangover" as a good film :)

Still.....I managed to read the full review, and have put Crazy, Stupid , Love on my (mental) list to buy.......when I have the funds lol

(does help that Ive always been a fan of Julianne Moore, Marissa Tomei and Kevin Bacon)

Well I'm glad you persisted!

I wanted to give you an idea as to my taste in comedies because humour is very subjective. I think the film is better compared to Dan in Real Life, however, as The Hangover is clearly intended to be more of an outrageous outright comedy (whether or not that works, again, in very subjective).

Thanks, Cas

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a very good film. Reminded me a bit of City Island, with the dysfunctional happenings, but even better. One of the best movies this year I'd say. Better than the likes of Bridesmaids or Horrible Bosses.

Yes, it is better than Bridesmaids. I've largely avoided Horrible Bosses but thanks for the recommendation on City Island, that one went under my radar but I shall go and seek it out now.

Cheers, Cas

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom