Official AVF Fifa League part XVIII

me three!

Woody and Cristoff19 for me too.:p

Also Rehmanmohamed as well i think

@ Dr Phil - is there an updated league/tables anywhere - the ones in your sig are way out of date unless I'm missing something

I'll be on at 10.30 tonight and should be on quite a bit during the day tomorrow :thumbsup:

Results

Stephen1976 1 - 2 Bogside
Bogside 2 - 1 Stephen1976

Two similar games I think. I went 2-0 up and Stephen managed to pull one back to make for nervy finishes. Good games overall where every goal was hard worked for.

Thanks for getting on so quickly and thanks for the games Stephen.

Bogside said:
Results

Stephen1976 1 - 2 Bogside
Bogside 2 - 1 Stephen1976

Two similar games I think. I went 2-0 up and Stephen managed to pull one back to make for nervy finishes. Good games overall where every goal was hard worked for.

Thanks for getting on so quickly and thanks for the games Stephen.

Welcome mate, yeah I enjoyed the games as well, just a shame I gave myself a mountain to climb in both...

Thanks pal

OK, tables updated.

AVF Official League Southern Conference, FIFA 2007 tables and fifa standings

The fixture system simply isn't working. People aren't getting the scheduled games in, and when playing games from future weeks they then stop trying to get on for the game they are supposed to play.

So essentially, we have reverted back to the old method of just playing a certain number of games per week.

If there is a "next season" then the fixture system will have to be reviewed as people seem to have lost interest in the scheduled method.

Games left to play are listed below. Obviously one group had extra players while the other had dropouts so it's a bit lopsided. That said, some are well off the pace so try to catch up lads.

Conference A
Stephen1976 v HDGlory
HDGlory v Bogside
Stephen1976 v Gunhawk

Conference B
Nanope v Cristoff19
Stationairy v Woodywizz (1)
Booyaka v Rehmanmohamed
Woodywizz v Booyaka
Cristoff19 v Geo (1)
Stationairy v Cristoff19
Woodywizz v Geo
Booyaka v Cristoff19

As I said the fixtures method is flopping, so please everyone just make contact here, by PM or PSN. Treat every opponent as if they are your sheduled opponent this week and try to make a date.

I am trying phil I keep sending psn and asking for availability on here.

Unfortunately just keep missing christoff 19 But at least he replys woodywizz is on nearly every night but just ignores psn and don't know if goes in this thread

Anyway I will keep trying.

booyaka, I will be on tonight, tomorrow and thursday at 10.30 for a couple of each night.

After that, I'll be away for a wee or so and won't be back until Fri 23rd.

booyaka, I will be on tonight, tomorrow and thursday at 10.30 for a couple of each night.

After that, I'll be away for a wee or so and won't be back until Fri 23rd.

see you tonight hopefully.

@ Woodywizz and Cristoff19 - i can be on from 9pm tonight - i need to get these games played as i'm very busy next week workwise etc.

Was on for a couple of hours tonight - messaged Woody about 3 times on PSN as he was online (or someone was on his ps3) playing COD but got no response from him.

booyaka said:
Was on for a couple of hours tonight - messaged Woody about 3 times on PSN as he was online (or someone was on his ps3) playing COD but got no response from him.

Tried the same a couple of times but had no reply from woody either.

Another 2 hours online tonight - psn messaged woody again but no response despite showing online.

Guys - i'm trying my hardest to play these games but it's not looking good. I'm pretty busy over the weekend and all next week with work but will do my best to get online.

Woody always shows online but is quite often never there / watching TV etc.

There is little point messaging him on PSN.

I'll ring him today and ask him the score - will let you know Phil.

Cheers.

Abbeygoo said:
Woody always shows online but is quite often never there / watching TV etc.

Cheers Goo.

It's one thing not responding to PSN messages but I've PMd him too. If he was packing it in I suspect he would have just told me so.

I'm sure there's an explanation.

:mad:

Apparently Woodywizz has sold Fifa.

I'm a bit angry to be honest. I knew he was thinking of dropping out but he assured me he would finish the season. Then he ignores my messages and just sells the game?

Didn't bother telling me, didn't bother telling his scheduled opponents, didn't update the thread...

Poor form Woody. :(

Didn't bother telling me, didn't bother telling his scheduled opponents, didn't update the thread...

yep, that is poor.

Just spoke to him and he confirms all of the above. Not good really but this always happens when the new FIFA comes out .... at least Woody played some games unlike Dr Wise and others ....

maybe we should just have smaller, quicker tournaments ... two groups of 4 or whatever .... or just sack it altogether!!

:D

Abbeygoo said:
yep, that is poor.

Just spoke to him and he confirms all of the above. Not good really but this always happens when the new FIFA comes out .... at least Woody played some games unlike Dr Wise and others ....

maybe we should just have smaller, quicker tournaments ... two groups of 4 or whatever .... or just sack it altogether!!

:D

I'm actually less annoyed with DrWise, at least he contacted me and gave an explanation for his no show and it was a legitimate reason.

Woody said he would stay, then sold up and told nobody.

Woody said he would stay, then sold up and told nobody.

ah well .... anyway, feels like I finished my games weeks ago and this still hasn't finished.

What's the solution Phil?

Even HD Glory who set off all guns blazing has disappeared.

Poor considering this was the first season of 13.

Abbeygoo said:
ah well .... anyway, feels like I finished my games weeks ago and this still hasn't finished.

What's the solution Phil?

Even HD Glory who set off all guns blazing has disappeared.

Poor considering this was the first season of 13.

To be honest I think it's probably dead. There are a few people who are always keen to play, but they are the exceptions.

me and Stephen have been exchanging PMs this week to arrange our games, but not set a time in stone as yet

To be honest Phil, ive decided that i wont be joining in next season, the whole community and fun feel of the league seems to have gone, used to me a real nice atmosphere in the thread (when people werent bickering!) and we all seemed to be playing each other lots, even just friendlies.

Now to be honest i now find partaking in the league more of a chore than an enjoyment...which is a real shame.

Thanks for all of your efforts over the last year or so, it has been apprciated Doc :thumbsup:

but count me out for next season.

I will try and wrap up my games with Stephen and then call it a day,

All the best

Dave

I think it always happens when FIFA comes out though new people come in all excited but can't complete there games

But by season two the regulars stay in and it becomes fun as the banter starts

I hope the league does not dissolve. Phil does a grand job and maybe will be persuaded to take part in season 2

How about depending on number just one league
Any chance of persuading you gunhawk to stick it out for one more season (if it does take place)

I think it always happens when FIFA comes out though new people come in all excited but can't complete there games

But by season two the regulars stay in and it becomes fun as the banter starts

I hope the league does not dissolve. Phil does a grand job and maybe will be persuaded to take part in season 2

How about depending on number just one league
Any chance of persuading you gunhawk to stick it out for one more season (if it does take place)

Maybe Stat, maybe, will see how the dust settles after this season! :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom