mikeclark007 - Mikeclark

Group B
Bogside - Adelaide
Tony - Crotone
Stephen
Bagoose - SC Bastia

Last edited:
To join your group, go to the custom leagues option in Fifa 12
(Online modes-Custom games-Online leagues-Join a league)

Enter the group name OL A or OL B and the password AVF

Please ensure that you join the correct league.

Play each opponent twice, through this method only.

Last edited:
Confirmed entrants for new season:

DrPhil
Bogside
Abbeygoo
Mikeclark007
Stephen1976
Herbiefish
Gunhawk
Booyaka

Last edited:
Any clarification on the fixture system yet??

What about scheduling. Fixed or free for all. Any decision made???

Again see Bogsides referral to DrPhil's post. Nothing decided yet I believe.

in

daz990 said:

I'll take everyone's thoughts into consideration, as far as I remember the majority favour fixed schedule but I'll read back before deciding.

As Bogside said, Champions League format as suggested by Gunhawk.

Last 2 posts...

I'll take everyone's thoughts into consideration, as far as I remember the majority favour fixed schedule but I'll read back before deciding.

As Bogside said, Champions League format as suggested by Gunhawk.

Is it the same rules again?

I have a feeling (and I might be wrong) that some people don't read the thread ;) :laugh:

OK, time to sort this thing out!

So far signed up...

DrPhil
Bogside
Abbeygoo
Mikeclark007
Stephen1976
Herbiefish
Gunhawk
Booyaka
Eireann

A few more are interested but waiting on clarification of the fixtures so I'll get that out of the way shortly. I'll post a poll to see what the majority want.

At this stage there's probably no point trying to kick off before Christmas, everyone is busy with work, family, shopping etc etc. But I will try to finalise the format and teams etc before then so we can have a few friendlies if anyone is on.

Format
As stated, it will be a Champions League style format. The teams will be separated into groups (currently 8 teams so 2x4) and will play each other twice (6 games).

Once the groups are complete the top 2 from each group will enter the semi finals of the AVFCL title, 2 leg semi and a 1 game final with the usual rules (golden goal after extra time etc). The bottom 2 will compete for the UAVFA Cup in the same format, semi final and final.

So the cream of the crop after the group stage will face off for the top prize and the bottom 2 from each group will meet for the second tier trophy.

If we get more players the group sizes and/or numbers may change but we'll deal with that as it comes. If we end up with groups of 5 then the bottom team will go out rather than make the UAVFA Cup.

*Edit, Just skimmed the previous thread and noticed that Eireann said he'd play.

Connections
Unfortunately Geo I don't think we have any choice but to continue with the online leagues. Until EA decide to give any other option to enforce tactical defending, we must use this method to ensure that "legacy" is not abused. I wish I could say that I trust everyone to be honest and use TD... (But I don't). I hope you'll reconsider and join the league. :(

Any questions etc, let me know. I'm back from holiday and back to work so I'll be able to answer. Thanks to Bogside for co-ordinating the end of the previous competitions (and winning them both, jammy sod).

I'll link to a poll about the fixtures in a minute...

Last edited:
Bump with a reminder for everyone to sign up if you want to play in the next season, and vote in the poll regarding the fixture system.

Im up for it

Well the vote has stalled at 6-5 in favour of the free for all system.

I've sent a few PMs to round up any stragglers who may still play and I'm hoping to get the competition underway early next week.

Schedule will be confirmed once the players are all finalised but the target will be 3 games per week and with small groups it shouldn't take more than about a month.

Last season was an almighty pain in the hole. Partly my fault due to the rubbish fixture system that I suggested, but largely because a number of people just didnt' make the effort to complete and others didn't report results until the season was over! This is not a dig at anyone in particular by the way, there were a lot of people both old and new who contributed to the crappiness of the season.

Anyway, lets have a new start for the new year to match the new format. The Champions League style competition looks like fun and we may either go turn about with this and the Conference style or just stick with this one.

Anyone else get their name in and I'll try to schedule the competition over the weekend.

:smashin:

I'll give this season a miss Doc. Just got too much on with planning my new kitchen / diner / extension rooms so PS will be getting unplugged for a while over the period the season takes place while the builders are in.

Yeah I'm going to give it a miss too Doc, got loads on with work and already getting grief from the missus about the number of City games during January so would be a nightmare - also have two exams on the 23rd and 26th of January.

The free for all as you know is not my preference so will back out now to avoid being one of the stragglers. If it was a fixed fixture list it could have helped but the majority rule - all the best and thanks Phil, top work as usual. (oh and I'm training for the London Marathon too!)

Good luck to all and enjoy the league.

Last edited:
Hi Phil, it's a shame we can't go back to the old way which worked for so long. I know what you mean about players seeking an advantage but surely guys are used to playing the new way now and wouldn't go back?!?!?

Anyway, I've defo got lag issues when playing through the league set up that i dont get when playing friendlies. Ive even emailed my ISP and EA to see uf they can help so until we go back to the old way I think I'll give the league a skip.

Good luck and I'll stop by now and then to see if you've gone back to the original way.

Cheers

Geo :thumbsup:

Geo sadly we are restricted by EA's stupidity so the online leagues are the only option.

To the league...

DrPhil
Bogside
Mikeclark007
Stephen1976
Herbiefish
Gunhawk
Booyaka
Eireann
Tony
Bagoose

There will be 2 groups of 5. The players will face each other twice and the top 2 from each group will enter the playoffs of the AVFCL, the top tier trophy. The 3rd and 4th placed clubs will enter the playoffs of the UAVFA cup, the second tier trophy.

The unlucky soul who finishes 5th in each group will simply go out.

The groups...

Group A
Gunhawk
DrPhil
Eireann
Booyaka
Mikeclark007

Group B
Bogside
Herbiefish
Tony
Stephen1976
Bagoose

Schedule
  • Kick Off - Friday 6th January
  • 3 games played - Monday 16th January
  • 6 games played - Monday 23rd January (Group B complete)
  • 8 games played - Monday 30th January (both groups complete)
  • Semi finals played - Monday 6th February
  • Finals played - Monday 13th February

Team Selection
Let's make it interesting this time around, and annoy everyone who has a 3 star team that they're used to...

Any 2 star team!

Go ahead and make selections right away, and get a few friendlies in if you want. Kick off Friday 6th and as decided, the fixtures can be played as and when you want. The only rule is that you must meet the weekly targets of 3, 6 and 8 games. You can play all 8 in the first day if it tickles your fancy.

If we manage to complete all 8 fixtures from Group A by the end of week 2 then the schedule will simply move forward a week.

All in all the competition should take about a month so we should move through seasons a little faster.

Leaguerepublic and online league tables will be set up on Sunday evening.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom