1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official announcement of the future of ITV D?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Darth Vader, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I received a letter from ITV Digital yesterday, it basically thanks me me for not jumping ship during their current troubles (I actually have no choice, as I have am not allowed to put up a satellite dish on my property, so Sky is not an option, and we don't have cable in our street either!). The letter goes on to say that they are in "negotiations with suppliers" and that they "hope to be able to advise me that these negotiations have been succesful very shortly".

Is this a hint that a deal has been struck, or are they just trying to bluff for more time (i.e. to keep us subscribing untill the bitter end)?.

Any thoughts.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Damage control from ITV D's spin doctors:)
    Probably only sent to people who are no longer tied into a minimum contract, must be nice to be in such money trouble and still can afford to send out letters to people who already subscribe.

Mind you I got a letter from NTL telling me the prices for my sport and movies subscriptions were going up, seemed strange since I don't subscribe to those channels, now that is a worrying letter:)

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I cancelled last night - read why in the thread I am starting

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all.

I got the same letter. I do not not see any problems with what I agree is a fiasco, the most I can loose is one months rental £15 if I pay on the 1st and they stop transmiting on the 2nd, but let me see them get their box back if they do that...:p