Official 360 VGA cable Optical sound problem

John5452

Standard Member
Hi,

I've tried searching for an answer to my problem but have had no joy. Yesterday I bought an official 360 VGA HD AV cable and also a Creative Labs 5.1 surround system. I hooked it all up using optical from the VGA cable to the amp. There was no sound at all, I unhooked it and tried again making sure all the cables were seated correctly and still nothing. I then put the red & white cables that are part of the VGA cable into the adapter and put that into my tv and again nothing. I tried plugging the red and white leads directly into the tv like i do on the component cable and you guessed it still no sound. I then went back to the component cable and plugged the optical in and bingo sound straight away. I tried the vga again and still nothing. Today I went to a friends house to pick up the receipt to take the VGA cable back to Game and while I was there I tried the cable on his 360 and bingo sound through optical straight away!!

I'm a little confused now as to where the problem could lie. Do any of you guys have any ideas? I'm sure someone else has had this problem.

Regards

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Your first post seems a little confusing. Are you actually trying to connect a digital optical cable to the amp from the VGA cable or are you trying to use the red and white phonos that come attacheed to it.

John5452

Standard Member
Hi sorry,

I have tried both using the optical cable to the amp and also using the red and white into the tv and neither work. I have now tried 2 different VGA cables and got the same issue. When I use the composite it is fine both optical into amp and red/white into tv. Hope this clears up the confusion. Thanks for trying to help

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom