Official 360 remote & Divx

nerro

Novice Member
Hi,

Wonder if anyone who has the official MS 360 remote could answer a question for me. Is the remote control able to control the playback of divx/xvid media files? as in ffwd, rewind, pause etc.

I'm thinking of getting one as i hate using the game controller to control playback. I can't watch my dvds using the 360 as the drive is very loud and kind of distracts me from the movie so i convert them to xvid and play off a usb stick. Almost silent.

Thanks for any replies. :thumbsup:

cassius76

Novice Member
yep. does all the above. great remote.

I stream all my movies pics and music via ethernet using windows media connect

nerro

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply, there appear to be 2 versions of the official remote. One looks like it has more buttons on it. is this the one to go for or is the smaller one ok? I'll pretty much only be using it for Divx playback.

Indiana Jones

Thanks for the reply, there appear to be 2 versions of the official remote. One looks like it has more buttons on it. is this the one to go for or is the smaller one ok? I'll pretty much only be using it for Divx playback.
There is the mini remote that was included with launch 360's and there is the Media Centre remote.

cassius76

Novice Member
is the streaming good? or does it chop up and chirp?

Plays flawlessly. Not one error. I'm using a 15 metre Ethenet cable to connect to my PC upstairs.

Microsoft have stopped people obtaining the prog now as windows media player 11 does the same job apparently. I much prefer Windows media connect though. If anyone needs a copy PM me.