Office Chair Recommendations

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Currently parked at home 8+ hours a day in the chair at ny home office 2+ days a week and soon that will turn into 4+ days.

I'd like a really comfortable chair to sit in, be able to recline, have enough support to sit up straight, reach the mouse comfortably etcetera.

The top 6 on Amazon appearances look good, reviews 4." Upwards, so I was wondering if anyone had one of them?

heathen666

Distinguished Member
I have the Herman Miller Aeron, excellent chair, very comfortable. I would highly recommend it. I got mine from Ebay for about £500.

booyaka

will keep an eye on this - same as me - working from home probably 2/3 days a week now and the IKEA chair I have at my desk as no proper back/lumber support at all. Need to get something proper.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Me too, but I think I'd want to kit out the whole office for £500 to be honest though :)

Surebrec

I'm looking for a good chair as well, I bought a cheap one off amazon. biggest mistake I have made for a long time, it started falling apart within a month or so of buying it. I've given myself a budget of a couple of hundred quid, 500 is a bit out of my price range though unfortunately.

I wouldn't buy off amazon again, that's for sure, I think I'd rather buy in-store somewhere so I can actually see it in the flesh so to speak, or at least then to look for the same model online.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
An interesting concept, make your own!

17ym1ec54fexsjpg.jpg

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
Don't underestimate the damage a bad chair can do. You'll be sitting in it for a long time, and it will last you a long time too.

£500 / ((8 hours x 252 working days a year) x average life of chair in years) = cost per hour of sitting in comfort.

Chiropractors and physio is much more expensive per hour!

booyaka

Whilst expensive most of the Herman Miller chairs have 10/12 year warranties as well. I have been looking into them and for that sort of cash I would need to test them first before buying. Even 2nd hand ones go for £200/£300 or so.

nacmacfeegle

Distinguished Member
You may mock, but it's not a bad idea.
The money that goes into designing a car's seat is massive.
I use a MotoGP paddock seat in the office, which looks like a rally car seat on wheels.
Dead comfy.

Just had a quick google for these, look cool, comfy, and not as expensive as you might think. I'l be having one of these later this year then!

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Either go cheap and live with it, or pay the premium and be glad you did.

The middleground isn't even worth considering, from my experience. It seems in the long run you'll fork out more that way.

Last year I spent ~£120 on a char from Staples, was incredibly comfortable for the first few months, but now it's already starting to lose shape, and as a result lose comfort.
Lesson learned, later this year I'll invest properly in a decent chair.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Well the wife's gone and bought me a Herman Miller chair, albeit from my biz account! Apparently I can claim it back as biz expenses ;)

She must be guilt of something!

D

Deleted member 27989

Yup that is what she told me :p

Good choice, to me it is like good quality shoes...And items you shouldn't hold back on. Great chair...Alternative would be a raised desk and stand. Also very good for you...

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Need to Google these pee wee chairs, I'm heart set on converting a car seat for me next chair, my current car seat would be nice, heated, cooled and electric, would be a mission to convert but would be ace. Downside is it weighs a tonne, one of those lifts where you can't help but exclaim something.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
The lower priced Humascale are horrible - the back support swivels like mad.
The Humanscale Freedom are much better and you can get them for £200-300 on ebay.
In the end, not all chairs fit all people.
The other option is to find a decent second hand office furniture office place and sit in all the chairs to see if one fits. That has worked well for me in the past.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Had mine delivered yesterday and it is very comfortable, however it's giving me a few aches and pains, probably due to it forcing me to sit correctly.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series