Office Chair - "Gaming" or other?

Could deffo use it mate, if it's still available?....I am SO close to pulling the trigger because my Arse is killing me and has been for months. So expensive though... I even bought a couple of those Gel cushions...Don't really work.
I'm allowed to use the discount link twice.
I have PM'ed you with one so as to control the usage to just two in line with Secret Labs requirements.
Please let me know if you use it or not so I'll know if it's still available for anyone else :)

I'm allowed to use the discount link twice.
I have PM'ed you with one so as to control the usage to just two in line with Secret Labs requirements.
Please let me know if you use it or not so I'll know if it's still available for anyone else :)

As PM'ed bud.
I have ordered with that discount code you sent me. Thought I had found an even better deal (at one stage) but too good to be true.... Thanks a lot Steve.

Appreciate it matey!!

+1 for HM Aeron. I have a herniated disk C5 and this is the only chair I can do 8 hours of work on. I have tried everything from Humanscale to RH Logic. Most gaming chairs are not ergonomically designed and are not suitable for people with back problems. I worked closely with an ergonomist looking at chairs.

+1 for HM Aeron. I have a herniated disk C5 and this is the only chair I can do 8 hours of work on. I have tried everything from Humanscale to RH Logic. Most gaming chairs are not ergonomically designed and are not suitable for people with back problems. I worked closely with an ergonomist looking at chairs.

People dismiss them as they were a bit of a fad in the 90s/00s but there's a reason all the dot coms filled their offices with them. They're exceptionally well designed and everything is adjustable.

I've got the Aeron as well. Must be 10+ years old now, and it still looks new(ish). The cylinder needs to be changed as it does sink over time, but other then that it's been faultless.

#touchwood

Not that I'm doubting the comfort of the HM Aeron but can't help think that the design is a little 'overthought'...!!!!

What's with the protruding part under the actual seat (circled in blue) ???!?

1582732197028.png

Looks like a seat above a seat...???!!?!?!

The nice thing about Aerons is you can buy all of the parts for them and totally rebuild them.Mine is about 5 years old and looks new. Things that make a big difference to me is the tilt forward mechanism that allows the seat to provide support, even when you are leaning forward and the contoured, deep thigh support that roll's away so that the seat doesnt place pressure on the back of your thighs. I also like the mesh seat that allows good cooling and ventilation. I am 19 stone (currently) and my Model B is perfect for me.
I work from home and use mine 8+ hours a day and it is the best Office chair that I have ever used. They are still popular for a reason, they are an ergonomically designed chair that provide a lot of comfort and support in all of the correct places.

Not that I'm doubting the comfort of the HM Aeron but can't help think that the design is a little 'overthought'...!!!!

View attachment 1262719

That is the forward / rear tilt mechanism. The up/down hydraulics are in the base with the wheels on

View attachment 1262719

I think it's the tilt/recline mechanism.

Usually hidden in the chair seat but the Aeron has a mesh seat so raises the seat above the mechanism box so you get airflow under your ass.

Aerons can also have a forward tilt mechanism as well as a rear tilt. The springs that control the tension all live in that 'gubbins'. As for being overthought - well its actually EXACTLY thought. Its designed from a ergonomic / human skeletal perspective. It is a symbiotic piece of engineering for the human form to sit in, to ensure the correct posture adjustments and to minimise pressure points. The mesh seat is designed to spread the support across the whole of the buttocks and backs of lower legs, whereas many foam seats create pressure points.

I initially baulked at the price of an Aeron - I couldnt afford £1,100 for an Office chair at the time but there are lots of sellers on Ebay and I think that I paid about £300 for my HM chair and £300 for my Herman Miller desk which were both in immaculate condition. Yes there is a degree of aesthetic in the design, but they are iconic and everytime that I have had a Occupational Health referral at my sites. for someone with a back problem (sitting), swapping out our standard Humanscale office chairs for an Aeron normally resolves the issue.

Yep, no need to pay £1100. There's entire companies on line that just resell reconditioned ones for less than half that. At that price, they're 100% worth it and better than any tacky looking gaming chair.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but did anyone get a new referral code with their order? Just been told WFH will be much longer moving forward so might bite the bullet on one!

I’m also resurrecting this thread haha.

I’m after an Office chair but grudge paying full price for a Herman Miller aeron. Are there any reputable stores online that sell them fully refurbished? I know these chairs are faked quite often so just making sure I’m getting the genuine article.

my current chair is starting to get really noisy, any heavy 20-25st folks here recommend a solid chair?

I bought a second hand Aeron from ebay, fully refurbed and it is the best chair I have ever had. Forget all of the racing seat garbage, buy a second hand Aeron and I am in the +20St category

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a secret labs Titan in the end, it’s taken nearly 2 months to come but I’m really happy with the comfort and I’ve noticed in an instant improvement in how my back and shoulders feel after 4 days of use since it arrived.

My only negative is that the 4d arm rests are a bit wobbly for my liking so I’m speaking to the support team about that as I’m not sure if they aren’t how they should be, always hard when you’ve never seen one in person!

My only negative is that the 4d arm rests are a bit wobbly for my liking so I’m speaking to the support team about that as I’m not sure if they aren’t how they should be, always hard when you’ve never seen one in person!

....they definitely shouldn't be overly wobbly!

Which parts wobble exactly - is it just the padded armrest itself (they do wobble slightly, even on my Omega 2020 chair but I think its by design as they are able to adjust in 4 different directions so a little bit of wobble is unavoidable) or the whole arm mechanism (where it connects to the base of the chair)?

If its the whole mechanism, you can tighten up the bolts under the chair where it connects to the base....

Hi - I'm looking at ordering a secret lab chair. Anyone have a referral code they're not using and wish to donate?

Many thanks in advance

Hi - I'm looking at ordering a secret lab chair. Anyone have a referral code they're not using and wish to donate?

Many thanks in advance
Yeah that would ideal if someone could share. Looks like Herman Miller refurbs are pretty rare at the moment but I’d probably pull the trigger on a Neuechair as it seems like a really good alternative for half the price.

I've got a Humanscale Freedom, can't rate it highly enough. I work from home and have spent 8-10hrs a day in it, 5 days a week, for the past 3 years. Most comfortable chair I've used and it's barely showing any signs of use.

Definitely worth keeping an eye open on ebay for these and Herman Millers as you do get the occasional bargain. Think the current new price on mine is around £1,200, I paid £136 for it and don't think it had ever been sat in (ebay bargain of the century).

K6dVNX3.jpg
I know you posted this last year, but I just wanted to say thanks for flagging this up.

I bought one of these last week from this company:

The seat cushion is firm and you sit very upright, which is perfect for me. I did read up on the Herman Miller, but I just don't like the look no matter how comfortable they're meant to be. But if anyone is interested, this is quite a good price:

I'm also looking for a new one... in the rush of WFH I was forced to get an XRocker of some sort from Argos - it's creaking and it's too low, causing pressure on my wrist, so I'm looking for something new. They've said I should return it to Argos, so time to find another...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom