Office Chair - "Gaming" or other?

@Squiffy ...you really shouldn't p155 take my post with your 'funny' emoji as you clearly have no idea what the Secret Lab chairs feel like unless you have one yourself.

If you disagree with my post, then thats fine but don't try to be clever by using an emoji in a sarcastic fashion....

Maybe he pressed it by accident when scrolling on a phone/tablet? Easily done...

Maybe he pressed it by accident when scrolling on a phone/tablet? Easily done...
I've done that before. But in this instance it was simply fat fingers as I meant to apply "useful" to the post.

Because it was.

Just had an email saying that the chair has been shipped so expecting it Monday and not the end of the month.
Did you get the chair and set it up yet?

It has arrived and built.
Did you get the chair and set it up yet?
2019-09-16 17.18.53.jpg
2019-09-16 17.53.41.jpg
2019-09-17 08.58.12.jpg
2019-09-17 09.42.57.jpg
2019-09-17 09.43.43.jpg
2019-09-17 10.07.39.jpg

How is it to use?

I've heard that they are very hard yeah, that's what has been putting me off them but then if you sit in it a lot maybe being harder is better?

I reupholstered and reformed my older chair but this time I doubled the thickness of the foam,I don't think it was any more comfortable.
Apart from the hardness of the seat the chair is pretty comfortable once you have it set up to suit.

I've heard that they are very hard yeah, that's what has been putting me off them but then if you sit in it a lot maybe being harder is better?
I reupholstered and reformed my older chair but this time I doubled the thickness of the foam,I don't think it was any more comfortable.
Apart from the hardness of the seat the chair is pretty comfortable once you have it set up to suit.

...the good thing about the harder seating of the Secret Lab chairs is that the foam used doesn't flatten over prolonged use.

I've had my Omega for several months now and the seating area has got a little softer however, there is still no indentation of the padding area where you actually sit, even though I sit in mine daily from 9 to 5 (unlike other 'gaming chairs' which leave a dent of your backside in the cushion area after just a week's use!).

I purposely chose the 'Soft Weave' design as this breathes much more than its leather equivalent......

...the good thing about the harder seating of the Secret Lab chairs is that the foam used doesn't flatten over prolonged use.

I've had my Omega for several months now and the seating area has got a little softer however, there is still no indentation of the padding area where you actually sit, even though I sit in mine daily from 9 to 5 (unlike other 'gaming chairs' which leave a dent of your backside in the cushion area after just a week's use!).

I purposely chose the 'Soft Weave' design as this breathes much more than its leather equivalent......
interesting, I will be sitting in mine 8+ hours a day so perhaps the harder foam is a good thing. I just wish I could try it out first!

interesting, I will be sitting in mine 8+ hours a day so perhaps the harder foam is a good thing. I just wish I could try it out first!
I suppose you are not in Scotland as you could have tried mine and the Humanscale Freedom I will shortly be getting rid of?

thanks but unfortunately I'm literally the other end of the country! Well, not even in the same country for that matter!

Yep, bought my Humanscale from them, had a problem with the headrest and they sorted it out very quickly so would recommend. My only criticism is that they obviously reupholster the chairs but I noted they just put the new covering over the old rather than removing it.

I have a humanscale. Bought from John Lewis as they were doing 0% finance. Initially I didn’t love it so I changed my desk. Realised that having a desk too deep was effecting my posture and position in there chair. Height and desk depth definitively factors worth considering too.

If anyone is in Scotland and wants a Humanscale Freedom I have one sitting around doing nothing.

Tried a Humanscale over the weekend, did not fit me at all, I'm obviously quite wide and the chair was too narrow to be comfortable. Also the arms didn't swivel out which I didn't love. I think I'm back to looking at the Titan or similar

...you can send the Secret Labs chairs back if you're not happy (keep the packaging!) however, they charge you a 'restocking' fee for the privilege (details on their website) !

If you want to see some reviews, search for 'Secret Labs chair review' on YouTube - there are loads + also loads of reviews on Reddit.
:)

Yep, bought my Humanscale from them, had a problem with the headrest and they sorted it out very quickly so would recommend. My only criticism is that they obviously reupholster the chairs but I noted they just put the new covering over the old rather than removing it.

Have you been to their place near Kilmarock? It's not far off my normal route so next time I'm across I'll call in and see if they have any stock that I can try.

Have you been to their place near Kilmarock? It's not far off my normal route so next time I'm across I'll call in and see if they have any stock that I can try.
Don't have car so have to say no, but I was lucky that a guy on the OCUK forums had one and was living in Edinburgh at the time and kindly let me go and have a look and a try.

If anyone is in Scotland and wants a Humanscale Freedom I have one sitting around doing nothing.

whereabouts in scotland and what condition is the chair in?

I currently use a laptop for gaming and work purposes but its on its last legs. Early next year i'm going back to a customer built desktop and will renovate one of the spare rooms into a study/man cave. One thing that requires is a good chair so even through i'm not in scotland this may be worth a trip anyway :)

Edinburgh, I recently recovered the headrest, backrest and seat and also replaced the foam in the seat. Headrest and backrest are pretty nigh perfect but the seat not quite.
Will bung up some photos tomorrow to try and show it in all its glory.

Last edited:
Sorry the chair is no longer available, guy on Facebook has just bought and collected it.

....probably a little too late now, but, Secret Labs chairs CAN now be tested before purchasing, at 2 locations in the UK :

1570528261659.png

1570528279987.png

Link :

:)

Not too late, I haven't bought one yet. Thanks that's good to know, I think that must be new as I'm sure that wasn't there before when I looked. I might be able to make it into the London one at some point, so I'll see go and give them a try! Thanks for the heads up

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom