Office 2011 Outlook vs Mac Mail?

BandofBrothers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I just purchased the office 2011 Academic package online (its downloading now...slowly on my university connection)

Question is, would it be better to use Outlook or Mac Mail? are there any comparisons out there that declare one better than the other?

I've never really had any problems with Mac Mail, I'm just wondering if its worth making the switch.

Thanks for any help:smashin:

Outlook contacts doesn't sync with google contacts nor can you subscribe to google calendars. You can't of course sync with Iphone with outlook.

I tried to use outlook from Office 2011, gave up and went back to mail after an hour:rotfl:

To be fair, I don't need outlooks features.

I won't be getting it until it appears on the Microsoft HUP which can take a few days

Will it really come out that quickly? Have to say PC software never has and speaking to the adminsitrators they suggested it could be "a month or two"

I got Office 2011 yesterday and having a good play with it today.

I have set up Outlook to use MobileMe. Everything set up perfectly and I was very surprised.........until I found out that 95 of my sent emails all say I have sent them today when they haven't? :thumbsdow

There's no pattern either. It's a range of mail from 2008 to this month :confused:

Did you get it through HUP? The portal into it I have access is still showing 2008

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom