Offer from Aldi 20'' LCD & DVD Combi £329.99

gra123

Established Member
Reaction score
don't no if anyone is interested but mabye worth a look for a bedroom.

£329.99
Everything you need for total viewing enjoyment in one single unit. This stylish, high-quality flat-screen TV has got the lot, at a price you simply can't take your eyes off...

Super high-definition VGA screen
Contrast ratio: 500:1
Brightness: 500 cd/m2
Integrated side-slot DVD player with all normal functions
Over 200 channels
Twin speakers
Automatic tuning
On/Off timer
Sleep timer
Full Teletext
Remote control (batteries included)
Free wall bracket available on request (details in the instruction manual)
3 year Manufacturers warranty worth over £50

Attachments

• 1140103284_181891447043f1ec519610c.jpg
    1140103284_181891447043f1ec519610c.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 95
Which shop did you see this in?

Super High Definition : this could mean 1024x768 as its a 4:3 screen, but it is not stated on the Aldi website. Neither is the option of VGA input (PC and XBox360, although not widescreen).

The brand "Cello" is availbale on ebay selling 15" LCD Monitor / TV's which are 1024x768 with VGA, but the Aldi ones in the worst case could have no VGA input, and only be 600x480 resolution..........you'll have to turn up on Thursday morning to check the box, you might even have to open the packaging to look for VGA input.

There is usually no risk buying from Aldi due to their return policy, so if you want to queue up on Thursday morning you can always take it back on Thursday afternoon if it doesn't work properly with your PC, or you do not like the DVD performance.

In the past the Aldi special offers are all sold by Saturday, but the recession seems to be pinching demand even in the lo-cost super-markets. I have noticed that recent Special buys have hung around for ages. Aldi even have regular "sales" to sell off slow moving stock (their stores are relatively small and floor space is at a premium).

A shame it's not widescreen with freeview and vga.

Is that the same make as the DVD recorders that Co-op were selling very cheaply with a very large number of returns ?
Or was that "Chello" ?
Anyway I recall a small thread about it in AVForums and a large one in the DVD Forums (Bargain buckets area).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

If anyone gets this tomorrow please let me know, my son is looking for one to go in the bedroom and see if this is any good.

Cheers
Dan

I picked up one of this from the Aldi in Hoddesdon. Here are my opinions:

+ve
  1. Cheap.
  2. Nice vivid screen - 800×600 which is great for 4:3 SD.
  3. Reasonable black levels.
  4. Good OSD.
  5. Multi-region out of the box.
-ve
  1. Jerky playback when testing with 'Revenge of the Sith'.
  2. Not 16:9, therefore when watching a widescreen film using letterbox the picture is about 800×400.
  3. Difficult to adjust brightness control - moves in large steps.
  4. Terrible remote control.
Hence, it is going back to Aldi later today. It could be I have a bad one but I don't think I'll try another.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom