Offensive Gamertag's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fen Star

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey Lad's and lasses, i just had what can only be described as a bad episode on COD3,

I was playing a game and a player on the other team had the Gamertag "NODADDYITHURTS"...Now i found this extremely offensive,

Yet someone on my team (gamertag withheld) found it funny, and i could not belive he was laughing, so i, how shall i put it, made my feelings on the subject known

At which point he started slagging me saying i was being to politically correct and should lighten up.....then he said why didn't i find it funny did i have something to hide....at this point i lost it and gave him what can only be described as a verbal barrage... and quite a few also agreed with me....

What are your oppinions on this, am i being to PC or is it as offensive as i think it is...

Thank's for your time Fen....

Hey Lad's and lasses, i just had what can only be described as a bad episode on COD3,

I was playing a game and a player on the other team had the Gamertag "NODADDYITHURTS"...Now i found this extremely offensive,

Yet someone on my team (gamertag withheld) found it funny, and i could not belive he was laughing, so i, how shall i put it, made my feelings on the subject known

At which point he started slagging me saying i was being to politically correct and should lighten up.....then he said why didn't i find it funny did i have something to hide....at this point i lost it and gave him what can only be described as a verbal barrage... and quite a few also agreed with me....

What are your oppinions on this, am i being to PC or is it as offensive as i think it is...

Hmm no I can see why it was upsetting and I personally think it's kind of horrible. Don't Microsoft have some sort of way to report things like this? The trouble is I suppose it would be considered bad taste rather than offensive.

Just have a look on xbox.com forums for a list of offensive GT's most of them are usually from teeny boppers trying to look tough:rolleyes:

There always seems a lot 666's floating around aswell. What do they think it signifies???

'hey look at me i'm best mates with the devil....':rolleyes:

I think your spot on mate:thumbsup: But I would say that its not probably worth confronting those morons who think its "funny". Most are looking for a reaction or think they are being clever. Unfortunatley they do not have suffuciant cognition to understand what it means, there is no point in wasting your breath or time challenging them. If you are hosting kick 'em and report 'em.

Yeah if you come across people you dont want to meet again, ignore them, report them, block communications and "avoid this player" them.

p.s i dont find the humor in that person's gamertag; just makes me wonder what made them think of it...

p.p.s A bit off topic but Legion 1973, what do you mean by "Let Down Sony PSP" in your sig? Let down as in didn't meet expectations?

how do fen i think its sick as fk m8 and i would of give the mo fo a piece of my mind :smashin:

It may have been a teenager anyway , as said best to ignore the fools with tags like this , as your only feeding the trolls , so to speak.

I just tend to ignore idiots, if people want to call themselves silly names, or talk rubbish then I just ignore them, leave the game etc. There are loads and loads of people on live so I just move away and on to another lobby. I will never get worked up online as there is no point, you can't do anything. You'll fidn alot of mouthy people are that way because they feel safe behind their screen, and it's a way to be someone they aren't in reality. I play games to have a laugh if I want to argue and fight I can just go down the road with all the thugs, and crackheads.

my3rd, you're only calling kopchoir a girl because you "feel safe behind your screen" :D

Agree with you Fen, I think it's pretty sick. I think though that the others are right, it's just not worth saying anything as anyone with a tag like that is not going to be too high in the IQ stakes anyway and probably just gets off on the fact that you take offense. I think therefore I'd just walk away, or pursue him with my shottie that bit more.

In fact, thinking about it, there is a gamer tag on these forums that I find in pretty bad taste but have not said anything on the grounds of each to their own. Plus I'm too busy having a go at Jay and Kop most of the time.

In fact, thinking about it, there is a gamer tag on these forums that I find in pretty bad taste but have not said anything on the grounds of each to their own. Plus I'm too busy having a go at Jay and Kop most of the time.

Think I know the one you mean!

Please nobody ask whose gamertag it is, i dont know either but i don't think it'd be fair to name the person.

I think we all do, and the reasons for the gamertag were down to sense of humour, we all have different sense of humours, some weirder than others.

I agree to a point. Some poeple find the slave trade or the holocaust "funny". Does not make it acceptable though

Are my ears burning?

just proves what d'heads there are in the world today.
i remember getting annoyed with the guy who had the tag, sir gary glitter.
he wondered what the fuss was all about.
say no more.

I agree , TVR_FAN is a tag , that leaves a bad taste.:D
joke

I agree to a point. Some poeple find the slave trade or the holocaust "funny". Does not make it acceptable though

I din't say it was acceptable I said there was a previous thread where people started on him and he said it was just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom