1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Off commands'

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Stereo Steve, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My old Sony remote that I got with the 1080 reciever had an 'All off' macro that would turn all equipment off that it was tuned into.

I now have a fully learning remote and would like to do the same thing. However, I'm thinking that if I program the macro with the on/off signal for each item then any that are off will actually be switched on!

So, is there an answer? THe Sony remote used to be able to generate a signal that would turn the telly, vcr, DVD etc off but not on.

Any ideas?

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not learn the Sony transmitted all off code with your new remote?

I did the same for my HK TC1000- no built-in codes, however another learning remote had working codes I needed.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Trouble is, I haven't got it any more. Upgraded to a Rotel 1055 with learning remote.

4. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Go to www.remotecentral.com and go to the files section and see if there are discrete codes for your equipment.
    If all else fails then try to come up with a work around.
    i.e. for tv-off you could use TV-1(which will turn the tv on to channel 1 whether it is on or not) then power.
    for dvd use, play then power.

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmm, yes, I see what you are saying. FIre in a code that would only turn it on, then turn it off.

Might work. I'll have a look at that site too. Thanks

6. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve, I just bought a Home Cinema MX700 and had the same problem with my Sony TV and Sky + V2 box.

After a bit of searching I found a Discrete Off code for the Sony in Pronto file on remote Central. Luckily the MX700 software allows you to import these codes from Pronto files. I just dragged the Discrete Off onto the MX700. And that problem is fixed.

Sky + has no fix so I have programmed a macro with the SKY button (which is only ON) followed by the power button (which does on and off). The Macro makes sure it is allways on before powering off.

Rog