Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Off center picture

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by SlimBoyFat, Mar 9, 2002.

1. SlimBoyFat

SlimBoyFat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony KV-29K5U television which supports 60hz and my console games look magnificent on it. There is just one small bug bear though. The picture looks off centre slightly which leaves about an inch black bar down the right side of the screen.

My TV has 2 scart sockets, one is RGB. Naturally the RGB socket is used to hook up my consoles. When I turn on my machines (Dreamcast & PS2) it automatically switches to Input 1, which has a bigger black bar down the right of the screen. When I cycle to the next setting, a box with three dots is displayed and the picture seems to move over a bit, but still with a black bar. The black bar is bigger on Sega consoles (in 60hz mode) and my US Snes. Is it something to do with the 60hz mode?

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Is it case of going into the service menu? If so how do I get there?

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like RGB picture shift.

This is fairly common and can be fixed in most television service menus.

3. SlimBoyFat

SlimBoyFat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, managed to alter it through the service menu. Strange thing was though it would only do it when my console was in 50hz mode. When it was in 60hz mode, the shift wouldn't work!!

Hey hoh... at least I am happy now.

4. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I thought it would be better than create a whole new one.

I am having this same balck bar issue in 60hz on my Sony KV32FX20 television. Can someone tell me how to access the service menu on this television and what settings I want to be changing. I know it can be risky mucking about in service menus so i want to make sure I do it right :)

5. dustjunky

dustjunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK - I found out how to get into the service menu, so does anyone know the specific menu item to change?